Poppy Cars - Fuel

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santo Tomas resort.
EMDAZ
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Poppy Cars - Fuel

Post by EMDAZ » October 7th, 2010, 9:49 am

Hi, One more quickie, well i've prob loads of Q's, but I only have 1 day to go so, I just wondered if anyone knew if the cars come with any fule, and if not the nearest petrol fill up from airport on route to Santo Tomas?

Thanks
Emma

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Poppy Cars - Fuel

Post by Sunseaker » October 7th, 2010, 10:09 am

hi, as you have put poopy cars as the subject I assume you are getting a car from them :razz:
They come with half a tank of fuel, you can either pay for the fuel if you want to take it back on empy, or if not then take it back with half a tank. :razz:
I only let him think he's in charge.

EMDAZ
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by EMDAZ » October 7th, 2010, 10:28 am

Yes from Poppy cars. So it will be enough to get to santo tomas without filling then, Thanks

Where is the nearest biggets supermarket to santo tomas please? If anyone knows please~?

Thanks again, Emma

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by JanSchofield » October 7th, 2010, 11:02 am

Sunseaker wrote:hi, as you have put poopy cars as the subject I assume you are getting a car from them :razz:
They come with half a tank of fuel, you can either pay for the fuel if you want to take it back on empy, or if not then take it back with half a tank. :razz:
:lol: :lol: :lol: now I wouldn't go THAT far Denise
Feels good to be home :ele: :ele:

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by JanSchofield » October 7th, 2010, 11:06 am

Hi Emdaz. The fuel will be more than enough to get you to ST. There is a fuel station on the main Me1 which you will pass on the from the airport to ST. The Hyperclimente in Mahon is a huge supermarket and we usually go straight there from the airport to do some shopping before we drive to the apartment. Hope you have a fabulous time.

EMDAZ
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by EMDAZ » October 7th, 2010, 12:32 pm

Thanks, thats great. How long does it take to drive to mahon? And the distance between mahon and anto tomas please? I would love to go straight to the supermarket, but i am travelling with my 20 month old twins...??!

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by JanSchofield » October 7th, 2010, 3:05 pm

There are 2 supermarkets in Alaoir which is not that far away. You will probably be able to get all you need there and the prices are quite good there too.

This should help you out with distances.

http://www.menorca-net.co.uk/maps/index.php

Click on the SantoTomas link for directions

carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by carben » October 7th, 2010, 8:00 pm

What time do you land Emdaz? If it's during the day I would recommend calling at a supermarket en route to Santo Tomas because the local supermarkets will not have a great deal of choice at this time of year. It would be good to get the essentials to last a couple of days until you find your bearings.
If you go to Alaior, the supermarket is signposted as you pull off the main road, just keep turning right, it's in the industrial part of the town.

Enjoy your holiday, your twins will love the beach!

EMDAZ
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by EMDAZ » October 7th, 2010, 8:35 pm

Sorry but where is Aloair compared to airport and santo tomas? Is it on route?

carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by carben » October 7th, 2010, 8:47 pm

Yes it is on route. When you come out of the airport, you can follow the roadsigns to Ciutadella. This will get you to the main road ( the one that runs through the island from Mahon to Ciutadella, all the resorts link to the main road). Alaior is the first town you will come to. Once you have found the supermarket, get back to the main road, again follow the signs pointing in the Ciutadella direction. You will not be on the main road very long before you turn left towards Santo Tomas and Es Migjorn, you go through Es Migjorn, another small town, en route to Santo Tomas.
I hope this sounds OK?