Santa Tomas mid October 2010

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santo Tomas resort.
watta
Support Team
Support Team

Santa Tomas mid October 2010

Post by watta » October 24th, 2010, 6:05 pm

Hi guys and just back yesterday from ST.
Not a lot has changed there, but was slightly disappointed to see the Lord Nelson and its sister hotel closed. They have have only opened for 3 months this year and purely for Italians. Las Dunas still opened, and it still has the usual 'disco hour' for the small chidren, which is great for them. The Hotel Playa, formerly owned by Thomsons, has now been taken over by another unknown Company, but was nearly empty when I had a lookie. Still on Half or Full Board. :twisted: Supermarkets still opened, just but looks like the smaller one will be closed before this week is out. The Vistimar and the Don Tomas restaurant closed yesterday. :twisted: Overall very quiet and as the residents were saying, it is maybe time from next year to close at the end of September, which I think is right. :finga: Even the Hamilton Court restaurant was starting to run low on supplies of certain foods and drinks. :sad: The beach was immaculate, but still have after the storms of a few years back, has defo shortened in depth from the walkway to the Med. Still nice to walk along the sand and just enjoy. The Santo Tomas Hotel and the Sol Menorca were opened, but didn't look that were many people staying in them. The weather overall was good for this time of the year, apart from Sunday. Most days very sunny and warm in the morning intill mid afternnon, and then it clouded over, but sun came back out in the evening. As Steve has stated, it is very cold at night and if the wind chill starts it is even worse. But, hey, its always better that back here in the UK.

Still, I will be back to my favourite place, apart from Es Castell, hopefully twice next year. :finga:

Slightly different point now, I would like to say sorry to Steve, Denise and Rose for not contacting you to see you, but with things to look at with the management team (possible job), I just didn't get the time to see you three and of course Sally the dog. :oops:

Well a slightly short report, but it was great to be back in Menorca.

Alan
:cool:

SusieH

Re: Santa Tomas mid October 2010

Post by SusieH » October 24th, 2010, 6:23 pm

Brilliant report Alan and good to see you back :razz:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » October 24th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Glad to have you back and good luck with the job :grin:

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by JanSchofield » October 24th, 2010, 11:34 pm

Hey, you're back - we missed you. Glad you had a great time. Nice report :supz: :supz: Hope the job front is positive for you x
Feels good to be home :ele: :ele:

ninny pig
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by ninny pig » October 24th, 2010, 11:59 pm

hello stranger :lol: :lol: glad you had a good time :finga:
You only live once, so live for now, enjoy everything, regret nothing.

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » October 25th, 2010, 12:01 am

Thanks people. :finga: :finga: :smile: :smile:

Alan

FEEBIES
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by FEEBIES » November 1st, 2010, 1:08 pm

Hi Everyone , we went to Santo Tomas from 22nd October till 29th October and had a great time . I hope they dont close in September next year as that would be a big shame . The weather was good I thought for the time of year . Friday ,sat and most of Sunday was good , we had a storm one day and it was quite windy think that was Monday ,then it started to get better . Wednesday and Thursday were spent on the beach . The Victoria Playa was well and truley open,Mestral and Lleiberg had a few clients with some entertainment and food being served at Nicos bar.Hotels Santo Tomas and Sol closed soon after we arrived one on the Saturday/Sunday and the other on the Sunday/ Monday . Es Bruc closed while we were there as did Es Pins and Malibu.The Lord Nelson and Nelson appartments closed before we arrived . We managed to eat out at the Don Tomas before that closed .
Must mention that the Baker lady next to the ice cream cafe stayed open right till the end of our stay and so did Halleys bar who didn't close until 8.30 on Thursday night 28th October .What stars they were .
The supermarkets started to run down stocks and limited opening times but none of this spiolt our enjoyment as Es Migjorn is only a short ride away offering bars ,resturants , Tapas bars and two supermarkets that may be small but are well stocked and cheaper than Santo Tomas .
We were in a villa and found that it was best to eat out in the day , when we went on our trips out to Cuidadella , Mahon ,calla Galldana and Es Migjorn etc and cook for our selves in the evening and crack open a bottle of wine .
We even had the odd bottle while sat in the sunshine on the beach .
Walking was great at this time of year ,did the lovely walk over to Son Bou and enjoyed it more than in the summer , the colours were more sticking against the green of the grass and vegetation which some tourist may never see if they only come in the high season.
Evenings are really chilly and our villa had no heating and felt damp at the end of the evening , could have done with an open fire or some heaters.
All in all had a great trip and enjoyed myself so much could go and live there tomorrow . A great uncomplicated simple life enjoying nature at its best.
And the other great thing was knowing nobody was going there when I left as the resort was well and truley closed on Friday / Saturday till next year.
On another note met a lovely gentleman called geoffrey who lives at the Red House in Es Migjorn he helped me out in the butchers shop ( Thank you ) The meat was lovely , and Stella who was staying at Santo Tomas (nice to meet you both)
Can't wait to go back , been going now for 14years , would have been cheaper to buy a place over there. There is nowhere better in my eyes.
Happy Days , great Memories!!!

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » November 1st, 2010, 2:44 pm

Great report and so its shutdown now for the winter. :sad: Roll on next year then. :finga: :supz: :ele:

Alan

FEEBIES
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by FEEBIES » November 1st, 2010, 3:21 pm

yeap the black bin bags are on the lights , table and chairs removed from bars , coconut unberellas down . Everyhting stored away safe for winter . Summer can't come soon enough for me think Imight hibernate!!!!

carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by carben » November 2nd, 2010, 7:19 pm

You brought a lump to my throat FEEBIES! I hope all those lovely people, who work so hard to make our holidays special, have a relaxing winter break and I look forward to being in Santo Tomas in May next year.