Sol Menorca report

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santo Tomas resort.
Grommit
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Sol Menorca report

Post by Grommit » June 26th, 2011, 12:31 pm

Well we moved to this Hotel after a dissapointing time at another resort, and WOW what a difference, the staff were so friendly, they loved the fact i tried my very basic spanish, the smiles on their faces when i asked how THEY were was priceless. the rooms were good sized and had a minibar/fridge we hired a kettle for 10€ for the week, well woth it. Our balcony was huge and all rooms had a view of the sea.

The pool area was always clean and there were plenty of sunbeds. It was just a very short walk to the beach, well worth a snorkel right outside saw many fish.

The Thompson Rep (Chris) although young was very attentive and was a genuine guy.

The food was of a very high quality and a wide selection of choices, at breakfast they even had a diabetic section with jams and marmalade and nibbles.

I would fully reccomend this hotel, and we WILL be going back there on our next visit to Menorca.

The Super Market is close by but is a little expensive, if you have a car its well worth a visit to the supermaket in es migjom gran i think thats how its spelt, its only a five min drive away there is also a Tabac opposite for example in santo tomas a 33ml can of San Meguel 99cents in Migjom 49cents

ladyrose

Re: Sol Menorca

Post by ladyrose » June 27th, 2011, 8:38 am

well done thanks for the report :grin:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » June 27th, 2011, 2:36 pm

:grin: AWw Glad you had a better time here :razz:
I only let him think he's in charge.

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by JanSchofield » June 27th, 2011, 8:32 pm

:partyman: alls well that ends well...glad you enjoyed the rest of your holiday. Es Migjorn is lovely isn't it
Feels good to be home :ele: :ele:

Grommit
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by Grommit » June 28th, 2011, 5:50 am

Yes was very nice little place.

Forgot to say, just down from the Supermarket in Es Migjorn there is an electrical shop. They are able to print your digital pictures if you want to see them, they charge 40c per picture but will do you a deal if you have a lot printed off.

carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Re: Sol Menorca report

Post by carben » June 29th, 2011, 7:52 pm

Glad you enjoyed the Sol! We go every year in May and love it! What did you think of the Balinese sunbeds?I didn't hire one but they were reserved every day, a double bed round the pool :roll: I don't think that is quite me :lol:

Grommit
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by Grommit » June 30th, 2011, 7:13 pm

Those beds looked good, would not pay 10€ for one though, they were reserved every day we were there but never saw anyone in them. they are a good idea, they have them a lot in Mexico around the pools.

aurora

Post by aurora » July 16th, 2011, 3:18 pm

Glad you enjoyed the Sol, yes it is a great hotel. The supermarket is a little expensive but that is the price you pay for a small, friendly resort - well worth it in my opinion.
Has the beach come back from in front of the Sol to the beach bar. When we were there last September it was fine until a windy day at the end of the month when the sand was all but covered. Visiting again this September, just hope the it doesn't happen again.
First visited Santo T about 20 years ago (and pretty regularly ever since) when it was possible to go from the Sol to the far end of Binigaus on the beach without getting your feet wet - can't see that ever happening again.

FEEBIES
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by FEEBIES » August 1st, 2011, 3:58 pm

Hi I have just got back from 2 weeks at the Sol Menorca. This will be our 3rd year running at the Sol Menorca (15 years of going To Santo Tomas) and yet another fantastic time had by all . The hotel just gets better and better , enhanced by being Adults only . Food was excellent must have put about half a stone on . Activities enjoyable though I wish they still did Boules and Shooting .Entertainment good , really enjoyed Blanco/chill out night and the 70/80 dancing night. The resort still as lovely as ever and beaches fantastic. Lots of wildlife seen some birds only native to Menorca.Everywhere clean . Loving what Es Pins have done with some of there restaurant , especially the Adult only area (I do like children really but it is nice when yours are grown up not to have to put up with other peoples)
Halley's Bar still as friendly as ever .The ice cream place near the shops , still value for money and good food. They work really hard in there and are always busy. Found the service in Malibu (Titanic as we call it)outside the Santo Tomas hotel disappointing , really need to get there act together , great location though. Lisa's cocktail bar , great and a big hit with our teenagers.
All in all didn't want to return . Thank you all the people who work really hard to make my experience there a fantastic one!! Hoping to return real soon. :grin:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » August 1st, 2011, 4:44 pm

:razz: Aww glad you had a good holiday, and thank you for letting us know :razz:
I only let him think he's in charge.