Sol Menorca Hotel

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santo Tomas resort.
adiboocat
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Sol Menorca Hotel

Post by adiboocat » January 15th, 2014, 3:24 pm

Hi All,

I'm thinking of booking this hotel again for 2014 having stayed there for the 1st time in 2013. This time, we are going to book a superior sea view room which I think are at the back by the pool facing the sea.

Does anyone who is local (or any previous holidaymakers) know what the room numbers are and can recommend what room to book? Ive been told by someone on Tripadvisor that there are 10 of these rooms in the hotel, four in the two storey block and six in the three storey block. I think the room numbers in the two story block are 131, 132, 231 and 232 but can anyone confirm? Also, what are the 6 room numbers in the 3 story block?

I have emailed Ricardo at the hotel but as it is now closed, I don't think I'll get an answer for a while so was wondering if anyone could help.

Best Regards

Ken

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sol Menorca Hotel

Post by Sunseaker » January 17th, 2014, 10:50 am

:???: Sorry you've not had a reply yet, keep popping back, maybe someone can help.
I only let him think he's in charge.

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » January 17th, 2014, 5:23 pm

Hi Ken and :welcome: to the site.

I know that hotel quite well, as I used to be a regular at the Hamilton Court. I think what you are stating about the rooms is correct, but unfortunately cannot confirm that. There is one person who might advise you and the members name name is:- carben. Maybe try and post a PM to them and see what they say. Here is a link for you about the hotel reviews by members, albeit it is about 3 years old now.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23986&p=342721&hil ... el#p342721

Glad you are staying there, and you will certainly enjoy the surrounding area. A great place to sit and relax. :finga: :grin: :grin: :supz:

Alan
:cool:
:supz: :dream: :c9: :c9: :finga: MERRY XMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020. :finga:

patti
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by patti » January 17th, 2014, 6:49 pm

Sorry, no idea of the room numbers, but I know which rooms you mean.

Years ago, they were allocated to people who stayed there year after year.

My understanding these days is that there is an extra daily charge on the rooms that directly look out to sea. The balconies are larger too.

Patti

carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by carben » January 19th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Hi addiboocat,
Only just read your post, sorry! I assume you are talking about the block which is to the right if you are at the main entrance?!? There are 4 floors to this block and, as the other block, the superior rooms start with either a nought or a one ie: 100,101, 200,201 (one room either side of the floor). I know it seems strange but both blocks appear to have the same numbers e.g. 204 in both blocks! Don't hold me to this as we have only ever had a room in the tallest block, we have been given a curtesy room in the smaller block and I thought then that the numbers were the same.
We haven't had a superior room either, they are larger that the others, have a large balcony some with sun loungers, and cost more. I have stayed in the room next door and was put off a bit by the noise from the sea crashing on the rocks all night :razz: All the rooms are fine, very clean and have everything you need for a couple of weeks.
Enjoy whatever you decide to do. I'm sure Ricardo or Mercedes will get back to you as soon as they open.

adiboocat
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by adiboocat » January 23rd, 2014, 12:34 pm

Many thanks everyone for your help.

Best Regards

Ken

Hollers
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by Hollers » August 11th, 2014, 11:30 pm

I've stayed at the hotel about 5 times.

It's great there.

Staff are really nice and food is superb.

Only grouse is the internet and poor TV sets in the rooms.

Let's hope you get a flat screen in a superior room.

Good luck!
Cymru am Byth
"Os y chi'n caru Cymru, dylech chi fod yna!"

adiboocat
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by adiboocat » May 5th, 2015, 1:26 pm

Has anyone been to the Sol Menorca hotel yet this year as I think it opened on 1st May? I'm just curious to see if they have made anymore changes to the place.

carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by carben » May 5th, 2015, 7:57 pm

It's now called Sol Beach House Menorca ****, it looks like they have got new bedding too! The old brown covers are no more, they are a lovely shade of blue. Looks like it's had a bit of a makeover. Wish I were going there, I love the Sol. :lol:

adiboocat
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by adiboocat » May 6th, 2015, 10:54 am

I wonderr if they still have the "naff" blackboards in the corridor's leading to the rooms like last year. Very Hi-Di-Hi