Lord Nelson Hotel

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santo Tomas resort.
ginandtonic
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Lord Nelson Hotel

Post by ginandtonic » April 30th, 2015, 11:32 am

Hi,
Wondered if anyone has any info regarding The Lord Nelson Hotel. On our last visit to Santo Tomas, it was filled with Italian guests, and I notice this year it can be booked through one of the British tour operators on an A/I basis. However, Thomson are selling it on a half board basis for Summer 2016 as one of their Platinum Holidays at 4Tplus rating. Looks rather swanky on the website. Search shows the hotel is owned by either Globales or Hi! company, but there is no mention of a refurb on their websites.

The Voice
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Re: Lord Nelson Hotel

Post by The Voice » April 30th, 2015, 6:33 pm

There was a dispute with the Italians regarding contracts over the last couple of years (resulted in late season openings) so it has now been opened up again to the Brits. They did say it was going to have a big refurbishment.

Shame really as it was nice to go in there with the Italians as it actually felt like you were abroad and they were always friendly (and the food was good).

I am gong out to Santo Tomas next week for a few days, so will check it out

oldseadog
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by oldseadog » April 30th, 2015, 9:52 pm

Yep agree their, who wants to go abroad and be surrounded by Brits,
might as well have gone to South end !! or Blackpool
OSD
:grin:
ps I do like Se,
BP.never been that far North in England...too cold :sad:
Old Sea-dog.
Still looking for my next boat
looks like it may be a canal barge now ?

1994 - 1st time at Tony's Restaurant, just past the old Gavilanes.
Great food and views. especially at night.

carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by carben » May 3rd, 2015, 6:09 pm

The Nelson usually opens late May/beg June. I thought it was a Hi hotel but it's not, as mentioned before, on their website any more.

The Voice
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by The Voice » May 15th, 2015, 4:32 pm

It is owned by Globales and has had a major refurb inside which looks very clinical and has in my opinion lost some of it's character. Mind you it has only just been done so will take a time to get the lived in look.
Talking to the staff who we know, they said that it is Germans that are there and it is for Adults only at the moment so will be catering for this market (which is strange as it is next to Las Dunas so you get the noise of children anyway).

The sister hotel up the road, is also having a refurb and looks like it will be opening at the end of the month.

The Victoria Playa has also had a refurb, but again also looks very clinical. At least it will be easier to keep clean.