Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santo Tomas resort.
watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » October 14th, 2016, 2:43 pm

Well guys and just getting round to putting on a Post.
As usual stayed at the Hamilton Court, and the apartment myself and Rebecca got was absolutely superb. The UK Owners have had it 'gutted' and have obviously spent a great deal of money. This is one that that is 'earmarked' for next year.
Nothing really changes in Santa Tomas, except that the Dunas is closed and there are reports from the management at the Hamilton, that planning permission is being sought for a new smallish hotel to be built. Will wait and see about that. The shops have changed hands up the road, especially the chemist has mover into into a smaller unit now. The Vera Club attached to the hotel is now getting fully renovated. All the rest are the same and so are the restuarants. I understand from Maria, manager at the Hamilton, that fibre broadband cabling is currently being installed along the main road, and this should ease the really non use of wi-fi especially within the Hamilton Court. This is to be completed over the winter period.
Didn't do very much, and the both of us just relaxed by the pool or the beach, which is in superb condition this now. Sea warmer than the pool. Great days last week, except for Thursday when it rained quite constantly and cleared up in the evening.
That's about it then and feel like the 'blues' are hitting in now, but never mind could be going over again in May and then October again. :ele: :barmy:

Alan
:cool:

Lizc
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Report

Post by Lizc » October 14th, 2016, 5:00 pm

That's the downside of holidaying in Menorca- having to come back homr :cry: .

Never mind you can start your countdown to the next one :barmy:

Thanks for the report back Alan and I'm pleased you had a good relaxing time :grin:

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » October 14th, 2016, 6:18 pm

Lovely report! And yes, I have read in the Menorca news that planning permission has been granted for another hotel to be built, behind the Victoria Playa I believe. :???:

We stayed at the Hamilton Court in Santo Tomas about 15 years ago and back then the best restaurant in the resort was situated over the road, above a row of shops, was it called the Don Tomas or something along those lines? Anyway, back in the day, it was THE place to eat as they served lot of fresh fish, the clams being a particular favourite of mine and also the cheese soufflé starter, which was served in a plant pot. However, it closed down some years ago, and I think a Chinese restaurant moved into the premises. I'd love to know if the original restaurant disappeared completely or whether it relocated, if anyone has any recollection of the place I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

I daresay we'll be visiting Santo Tomas at Christmas, either having walked there from Son Bou, or starting a walk from there to Cala Fustam (I think that's what it's called anyway).

Sue :toasting:

ciaran
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by ciaran » October 14th, 2016, 6:32 pm

Glad you had a good time Watts, I'm going over Monday for a week, looking forward to a dip in the sea, :smile:
The next Moderator

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » October 14th, 2016, 7:58 pm

Have a good one then. :finga: :finga:

Alan
:cool:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin