New ST hotel

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santo Tomas resort.
magpie69
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

New ST hotel

Post by magpie69 » May 26th, 2017, 12:35 pm

Just been down to ST and was surprised to see that a large hotel is mushrooming up at the back of the resort at the Victoria playa end. Any information on this? The villa owners nearby will be quaking in their avarcas!

Bill

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: New ST hotel

Post by kieronf » May 26th, 2017, 1:34 pm

I saw the steel frame going up during a visit a few weeks ago. It looks enormous - far too big for the surroundings - quite how that got planning I don't know........... well, I do.

petert
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: New ST hotel

Post by petert » May 26th, 2017, 9:18 pm

The 165 bed hotel is being built for Set Hotels - who own half of Santo Tomas including Hotel Santo Tomas. It opens in May 2018 and bookings are being taken already. I resisted the temptation. I stayed in Santo Tomas last weekend and was really disappointed by its imposing and dominant position.
Hotel ST staff retain a dignified silence. However, on Monday 22nd May, Hotel ST was fully booked
In July and August the resort is already very crowded. Another 160 odd families is not really a great idea - did they not learn from Cala Galdana ?
The impressions on the website are very good, as you would expect from them. They transformed Playa Azul in Calen P and made a quality job of the renovation when the took over.
We are back in early July for our "proper" holiday. We are a very boring family - this will be our 22nd visit in 18 years.
It might be our last ?