Restaurants in Santo Tomas

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santo Tomas resort.
saraw
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Restaurants in Santo Tomas

Post by saraw » April 8th, 2018, 5:21 pm

Hello, its been a few years since I last posted anything on here. Its nice to see a lot of the same names still.
I'm thinking of going to Santo Tomas this year, the third week in September. I know the resort is quiet which is what I want, but could anyone tell me how many restaurants there are in the area?

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Re: Restaurants in Santo Tomas

Post by JanSchofield » April 8th, 2018, 9:15 pm

Hi Sara, how lovely to hear from you. Hope you are well. :supz: :supz: I haven't stayed at Santo Tomas for ages but I'm sure there are many members who have. I'm sure you will have a fab time.
Feels good to be home :ele: :ele:

SusieH

Post by SusieH » April 9th, 2018, 5:58 pm

Welcome back Sara :grin: hope you're well xx
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

mthompson1875
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by mthompson1875 » April 11th, 2018, 4:47 pm

We didn’t visit ST in 2017 but were there in each of the previous three years. Most bars/restaurants are part of hotels or apartment complexes but we did manage a fortnight of drinking and eating out a few years back albeit with a fair few repeat visits! On the beachfront we have Es Pins and Es Bruc independent restaurants at each end of the beach. Malibu bang in the middle is a great setting, part of ST hotel but feels separate. Several bars/restaurants as part of hotels/apartments also. On the main resort road two small shopping centres. One has Halleys Bar and a couple of restaurants, the other a couple of small cafe/restaurants. Enough choice to eat and drink in a few different places for a week or so but you will probably end up going back to same places and a bar crawl would be a struggle!
Santo Tomas 2014, 2015
Son Bou 2016, 2018
Binibeca 2017
Cala Blanca 2019

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » April 11th, 2018, 4:59 pm

Wish I could advise you Sara, as I was there in October last year. It would appear there are still the ones as mentioned, but also including Las Dunas, next to the Hamilton Court Apartments. The Hamilton also have a nice bar and restuarant, run by Maria and is open also to non residents. She has been there for at least 20 years now, and runs it like clockwork. :finga: Good choice of food from the varied menu and it is good. You will enjoy it, but if you want to vary eating, then a short taxi ride to Es Migjorn Gran, which is only about 5 minutes away, and it is also very good for eateries and bars.

Alan
:cool:

carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by carben » April 11th, 2018, 6:50 pm

There is also Molly Malones (where the Chinese restuarant used to be, over the shops near the Victoria Playa), only 4 reviews on TA and not very good ones at that. It is mainly a bar but they do burgers and that sort of food. :vom:

mthompson1875
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by mthompson1875 » April 11th, 2018, 7:31 pm

First time we went to ST we were self catering in Mestral for a fortnight. Having done some research before we left I felt the small choice of bars should not cause a problem as Son Bou was only ‘a short walk’ over the headland....

Deciding an exploratory solo trip would be sensible before suggesting Son Bou to the family...off I took mid afternoon equipped with flip flops and half a bottle of water (you get the gist!) ..... some time later to be seen stumbling round the upper reaches of San Jaime area of Son Bou desperately seeking refreshment - eventually collapsed in Joseph’s a pool of sweaty exhaustion and was forced to refuel for several pints before gladly parting with 20 Euros fur a return Taxi!

Moral of the story- Son Bou is not as close as it looks! As for Cala Galdana in the other direction.....not for the feint hearted either🙄🙄🙄
Santo Tomas 2014, 2015
Son Bou 2016, 2018
Binibeca 2017
Cala Blanca 2019

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by JanSchofield » April 11th, 2018, 7:43 pm

We used to regularly walk from Son Bou over to Santa Tomas but we did wear trainers and carried more than half a bottle of water :lol: :lol: :lol:
Feels good to be home :ele: :ele:

saraw
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Post by saraw » April 13th, 2018, 7:11 pm

Thank you everyone for the advice.
I have booked a week in September staying at the Hotel Santo Tomas. :grin:

Santo T.fan
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Santo T.fan » May 5th, 2018, 11:59 pm

The last time we stayed in Santo Tomas we stayed in the Melia nextdoor to the Hotel Santo Tomas on half board and found everything more or less as it always was elsewhere. Now that our son is an adult and longer comes with us we no longer need the beach as much as we once did so have relocated most of our trips to an apartment complex in Fornells but we still drive down to Santo T. to revisit our old haunts every time we come. Es Migjorn is a draw too - so many memories in over 20 years of visiting the area

We will be coming down to Santo Tomas when we a holidaying on the island arrive next month to look at the new SETH hotel and decide how much of a blot on the landscape it is - for years there was talk of using that site for a complex of new luxury villas ( there was always an advertising display in the Mestral & Llebeig reception area) but clearly the plans changed somewhere along the line and there is now this new hotel instead . It makes you wonder how much will change from this season onwards - what we liked about the resort was the fact that it was never busy - all these additional guests will change things I think

I wonder how much custom Mossa will have lost at Hamilton Court & Vistamar over their attitude to regular guests during the Monarch collapse -so many regulars appalled by their attitude have posted on more than one forum saying how bad their attitude was and that they will not be booking again :lol: