Dining recommendations

Accommodation & Restaurant info for Cala Galdana.
SonBouSymey
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Dining recommendations

Post by SonBouSymey » June 8th, 2016, 1:44 pm

I know this is very subjective but we have friends staying in CG soon. We have visited but not stayed. Is there any one ( or a couple maybe ) particular restaurant(s) etc that are recommended, stand out above the rest in the area for quality over and above the usual tourist and chips brigade?

Many thanks

Rafafan
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Re: Dining recommendations

Post by Rafafan » June 8th, 2016, 4:46 pm

Hi, as you say everyone will have their favourites but our particular favourite is the Cala Mitjana. It is a little more expensive than some of the other restaurants but the food is wonderful and the staff and service are excellent. Sebi the owner is a bit of a character and will happily explain/advise (at length !!) regarding menu choices. If you fancy Tapas there's the Alaska which is also really good. For location, the Mirador is lovely overlooking the beach but strangely in over 20 years of visiting, we have never actually eaten there (I think we were put off by some 'iffy' reviews years ago but perhaps should give it a try. I'm sure others will also have more suggestions but I hope you have a lovely time wherever you go in this beautiful resort.

SonBouSymey
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by SonBouSymey » June 8th, 2016, 5:31 pm

Thank you. It is not for us but friends. Will pass it on.

scruffyboy17
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by scruffyboy17 » June 13th, 2016, 9:41 am

Our favourite was also Cala Mitjana, the food is amazing. Alaska for Tapas, the best I have ever eaten and the wine is good too. S'Escopinya if they fancy a curry and very tasty. Fuente de trevi is also good. We spent two weeks there last August and ate in most of restaurants and they are all good. Hope your friends enjoy

mca1928

Post by mca1928 » August 2nd, 2016, 11:00 am

We have really enjoyed Sa Lluna both for set three course meals and pizza. The owner is a lovely guy and was very helpful with off the beaten track places to visit.

Surprisingly, we had two very good meals at Es Barranc, one on the inexpensive end (seafood with pasta) and one at the other extreme (lobster stew with rice); both were excellent and the service was excellent. I say surprisingly, because I am usually wary of restaurants in resorts in terms of quality/price but was pleasantly surprised and look forward to trying it again.

Escopinya was excellent, in our opinion, for breakfast and lunch. The thin, harried maître d' running the show was efficient but when we spoke Catalan to him, he brightened up considerably and advised on his favourite beaches and what is traditional Catalonian breakfast. I was saddened to find it was not as good for dinner (he was not there) but that could have been a one off.

It is a lovely place, enjoy!

Torre-soli-sid
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by Torre-soli-sid » August 7th, 2016, 10:36 pm

We always go to Alaska and noticed this year his menu had expanded and some dishes looked very modern tapasy and ideal for the current fad of "sharing". Alaska has never let us down,bit tight on space, you cannot book just get there early for dinner! Owner and staff very pleasant.

oldseadog
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by oldseadog » August 8th, 2016, 7:14 pm

Don't forget the beach bars at night, they are not there just for a snack at lunch time,
they are full blown restaurants with a sea view to die for at night.
Why look at the road or tv's when you have the best bay in Menorca to look at and enjoy great food
and decent portions of your favorite drink.

I have posted this many times that peeps go to this bay for the views then sit in the town to eat at night.
missing the best part of the bay.

I also confirm that the other eateries are great, we also go there too !

Just don't miss a night next to the beach. see my sig :grin:

OSD
Old Sea-dog.
Still looking for my next boat
looks like it may be a canal barge now ?

1994 - 1st time at Tony's Restaurant, just past the old Gavilanes.
Great food and views. especially at night.