1st time to Cala Galdana

Accommodation & Restaurant info for Cala Galdana.
Yonny

1st time to Cala Galdana

Post by Yonny » May 18th, 2017, 5:17 pm

Hi, staying in a 2 bed apartment for a week in July, 17-24, just realised there is no a/c......just a ceiling fan in one bedroom
Will it be mightily hot at night, bearable?? And if not is there anywhere I can hire a fan??? Thanks for any info ๐Ÿ˜

SusieH

Re: 1st time to Cala Galdana

Post by SusieH » May 18th, 2017, 8:35 pm

Hi and welcome to the site :finga:

It could get quite warm at night, if you're in an apartment you could always leave the doors open to get a bit of air through. But you could try this:

http://holidayhire.com/gb/
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

davethebirder
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by davethebirder » May 18th, 2017, 9:09 pm

Hopefully, they have shutters on the windows. Leave the shutters closed and the windows open during the day. Any breeze will come through and leave the air circulating. It works for us!

Dave

ireay
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by ireay » May 18th, 2017, 9:15 pm

Yes it can be quite warm at night but depending on where you are staying you can get a bit of a breeze by leaving the window open. Have you contacted the agent or reception they may already have fans for hire. Sure you will have a lovely time menorca is quite addictive especially cala galdana

Yonny

Post by Yonny » May 22nd, 2017, 11:49 am

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys ๐Ÿ˜€ we're at the bonavista apartments? ? I've asked the owner and they just have the one ceiling fan so I will leave doors open, close shutters if we have them......and hire a fan! Thanks again, looking forward to it ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…x

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » May 22nd, 2017, 12:44 pm

How did we manage before AC became popular :yawinkle:

This is what we do if we want to leave windows open at night. Just before you go out for the evening, in the bedrooms close all windows, plug in an anti-mosquito plug and close the bedroom doors. This'll kill of any mosquito's already in.

When we return don't open the windows until you are ready for bed, turn lights off, open windows, close shutters and have a sound nights sleep, hopefully cool and mosquito free.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)