Smoking/Restaurant's

Accommodation & Restaurant info for Cala Galdana.
John Connelly
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Re: Smoking/Restaurant's

Post by John Connelly » September 12th, 2018, 11:17 am

cidersteve wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 7:04 pm
why stop at smoking ,what about drinking and enjoying yourself in public :toasting: :weedman:
Reminds me of a little quote

Thank You for Not Smoking. Cigarette smoke is the residue of your pleasure. It contaminates the air, pollutes my hair and clothes, not to mention my lungs. This takes place without my consent. I have a pleasure, also. I like a beer now and then. The residue of my pleasure is urine. Would you be annoyed if I stood on a chair and pissed on your head and your clothes without your consent?

I'm with Shuggie, ban it in all public places
It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice :gmb:

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Shuggie » September 12th, 2018, 11:31 am

:lol: :lol: love that John, superb !!

This is exactly my point. When I’m eating, on a terrace, I don’t want the exhaled fumes drifting in my direction and spoiling my meal, even if I’m not eating I don’t want it. Most of my circle of friends in Menorca will get up and go and smoke away from others who are sitting and just having a drink, let alone eating, and if they didn’t they’d be told to. I don’t inflict my pleasure of a drink on you, so don’t think I’m going to enjoy yours.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

dennis the menace
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by dennis the menace » September 14th, 2018, 7:00 pm

Shuggie wrote:
September 12th, 2018, 11:31 am
:lol: :lol: love that John, superb !!

This is exactly my point. When I’m eating, on a terrace, I don’t want the exhaled fumes drifting in my direction and spoiling my meal, even if I’m not eating I don’t want it. Most of my circle of friends in Menorca will get up and go and smoke away from others who are sitting and just having a drink, let alone eating, and if they didn’t they’d be told to. I don’t inflict my pleasure of a drink on you, so don’t think I’m going to enjoy yours.
John Connelly wrote:
September 12th, 2018, 11:17 am
cidersteve wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 7:04 pm
why stop at smoking ,what about drinking and enjoying yourself in public :toasting: :weedman:
Reminds me of a little quote

Thank You for Not Smoking. Cigarette smoke is the residue of your pleasure. It contaminates the air, pollutes my hair and clothes, not to mention my lungs. This takes place without my consent. I have a pleasure, also. I like a beer now and then. The residue of my pleasure is urine. Would you be annoyed if I stood on a chair and pissed on your head and your clothes without your consent?

I'm with Shuggie, ban it in all public places
Nice one John/Shuggie

cidersteve
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by cidersteve » September 14th, 2018, 7:35 pm

ban smoking love in :lol: :lol: :lol:
1990 Cala Blanca
1991 Calan Porter
2009 S'Algar
2010 Santo Thomas
2011 Es Castell
2015 cala n Porter
2016 Es Castell
2017 Port Addaya
2018 Binibeca
2019 Calan Porter

davethebirder
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by davethebirder » September 14th, 2018, 8:35 pm

What really pisannoys me is the e-cig (not vaping) problem. I smoked a lot of cigarettes for 40 years (as recommended by the need for taxes for the government, advertisements etc). When I stopped 5 years ago, not easy with the addiction aspects, I started using e-cigs to help me through. Now for some reason, they are also not allowed in a lot of establishments (ie. Wetherspoons, aeroplanes) in the UK. I have to go to the designated smoking areas to have a puff and join the smoker crew I was trying to get away from. I was even told to stop using it in an establishment in Cala en Porter as it was supposedly illegal! Can someone tell me what is wrong with it, no smoke, no smell! Apparently it looks too much like a cigarette - I was told.

I give up!

Dave

dennis the menace
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by dennis the menace » September 15th, 2018, 7:22 am

Apart from walking into a cloud of fog there's nothing wrong with it. Should still be banned in my eyes though.