Ferry to Majorca

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Cala'n Bosc, Son Xoriguer and Cap d'Artrutx area.
ibroxidol
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Ferry to Majorca

Post by ibroxidol » July 20th, 2014, 5:00 pm

Hi just wondering if anyone has gone over to alcudia on the ferry we used to holiday there about 9 years ago before we fell for menorca just thought we might go over for the day

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ferry to Majorca

Post by Slartibartfast » July 21st, 2014, 8:12 am

You better check the times. From what I remember they departed Ciutadella late evening and returned early morning, making a day trip impossible, you'll need a couple of nights accommodation to get a day in Alcudia. Sailing times may have changed as it's been a few years since I looked.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » July 21st, 2014, 1:15 pm

Yes, Steve's right.

We've thought about doing this trip, as Alcudia was the first place I went abroad, a long, long time ago (and I wanted to see how much it had changed), but it looks like the outbound ferry is at 11am or 7pm, and coming back it's 6am or 11.30am. So, no chance of a day trip, and with booking accommodation, it makes it quite an expensive little break!

Sue :cool:

ibroxidol
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by ibroxidol » July 21st, 2014, 5:41 pm

Thanks for the replys we checked on direct ferries website Balearia do a ferry from cuitadella at 11am arrive in alcudia at 1pm return ferrie on same day at 16.00 that would give us 3 hours in alcudia which ok for us for the 3 of us on foot it's 166 euros don't think mr wee have to watch our money will fork out that much lol