Ist time to menorca

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Cala'n Bosc, Son Xoriguer and Cap d'Artrutx area.
Robertom58

Ist time to menorca

Post by Robertom58 » November 17th, 2015, 10:24 pm

Hi lm new tn this forum. Just wondering if any one has stayed at the princess playa hotel? Its our first time to menorca and we have booked to stay here for 2 wks 12th sept next yr. Can any one advise what prices ard like for meals and drinks. Reason l ask is we went to majorca this year and found it very expensive there. Thanks in advance ☺

ladyrose

Re: Ist time to menorca

Post by ladyrose » November 18th, 2015, 11:23 am

Hi and welcome :grin:

If you stay in the resort areas you will find it a little expensive get out and about and you will find it much cheaper :grin:

RubiAnne
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by RubiAnne » November 18th, 2015, 12:29 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum .

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » November 18th, 2015, 1:30 pm

Welcome to the site. :smile:

Re your question: hard to say, not knowing what you mean by expensive! :yawinkle:

Unless someone on the forum can give you info about the hotel and its dining charges I think you'd best contact the hotel direct.

However, as Rose says, eating out can be variable; out of resorts you can buy great menu del dia with 3 courses and a drink included for about €10 upwards, if you eat at lunchtime (up to about 3-4pm); in resort you will pay more but you can still find reasonably priced food and drink; if you eat a la carte, or in the evening, prices rise accordingly. Have a look at reviews people have posted this year- you'll get loads of info re places to eat/ drink and prices.

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

trevx

Robertom58

Post by Robertom58 » November 18th, 2015, 11:10 pm

Thank you for your replies much appreciated. I didnt make my request clear it was a bit garbbled. We are staying half board for the price it was worth it and reviews lv seen look very good but it wont deter us from eating out. When l asked if it was expensive l meant to add were drinks expensive. When on majorca this yr a typical round of drink for 3 people was averaging around 16 to 18 euros each time. That was for a couple of pints of larger and spirit with mixer. Compaired to greece it was expensiue. Cheers :toasting:

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » November 19th, 2015, 12:12 pm

If you're comparing to Greek prices most places will seem expensive :lol:

Think the Mallorcan prices you quoted will probably be about the same in Menorca; but compared to what you can pay here in the UK, still acceptable; I'm partial to the local xoriguer gin and tonic and I'm served eye-popping measures of gin, before the tonic's added! Factor in the exchange rate we enjoyed this year and I reckon prices aren't so bad.

cheers

trevx

clubjoker
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by clubjoker » November 19th, 2015, 1:46 pm

Robertom58 wrote:Hi lm new tn this forum. Just wondering if any one has stayed at the princess playa hotel? Its our first time to menorca and we have booked to stay here for 2 wks 12th sept next yr. Can any one advise what prices ard like for meals and drinks. Reason l ask is we went to majorca this year and found it very expensive there. Thanks in advance ☺
Hi

Yes, I stayed at the "Hotel Apartamentos Princesa Playa" for a couple of nights in mid August 2014.

I thought it was great. There's a nice garden and pool area, and the fantastic Son Xoriguer beach is 5 mins walk away.

Hotel food was fine, but not amazing - a bit expensive if paying for it separately if not half board or full board. There are cheaper eating options by the beach, or around the marina in Cala'n Bosc.

You could get buses into Ciutadella in the evenings.

If you'd like to explore the rest of the island (do, if you can!) then there are several options for hiring a car from the resort.

Robertom58

Post by Robertom58 » November 19th, 2015, 10:06 pm

Thank you both for your replies. I got to say that the people on here are realy frienly and informative. We had been going to Zante for many many yrs previously but wanted a change. Made more so by our daughter going to work abroad for a well know tour operator. Hence one of the reasons we are holidaying in menorca this yr. Our daughter will be based at the holiday village which l believe is just down the rd from where we will be staying. Really looking forward to it. Thanks :finga:

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » November 20th, 2015, 11:40 am

It may be your first time to Menorca but,,,,,,,,,I bet it won't be your last :lol: :lol: :lol:

ibroxidol
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by ibroxidol » November 21st, 2015, 8:55 pm

Our first time to menorca was in 2006 we've been going every year since it's a fantastic wee island enjoy :smile: