Menorcamar Apartments

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Cala'n Bosc, Son Xoriguer and Cap d'Artrutx area.
ginandtonic
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Menorcamar Apartments

Post by ginandtonic » June 28th, 2016, 6:24 pm

Does anyone know what company own these apartments, or perhaps they are privately owned now. They have been renovated and newly opened in June as an adults only property. They are little self catering bungalows and look lovely with some good reviews. However, I priced them a couple of weeks ago through Jet2 and the price for 2017 seemed good. Tried again last night and there doesn't seem to be any availability at all. After a phone call to Jet2 I am no further forward. Wondered if anyone, who is perhaps out there at the minute, can shed some light!? Can't seem to find a current website for them either.
Thanks. They are out beyond the lighthouse.

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Menorcamar Apartments

Post by watta » June 28th, 2016, 8:26 pm

Hi, and presume it is these ones then:-

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Rev ... lands.html

I have checked on the Jet2 website, and they are showing the Menorca Mar Apartments. (spelt individually) and they are showing from Manchester ( don't know what area you stay in the UK) for the first week in August as available.

Best of luck. :finga:

Alan
:cool:

ginandtonic
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by ginandtonic » June 29th, 2016, 7:02 am

Thanks Alan. It's 2017 that I'm trying to get a price for (haven't had our 2016 holiday yet. Off to Cala n Bosch on Tuesday, so will have a wee look at Menorca Mar then.) Just thought it a bit odd that I could have booked a 2017 hol with Jet2 a couple of weeks ago, but now I can't. I'm now assuming the apartments may have pulled out of the contract they had with Jet2, but can't find an alternative company, nor a company website. They used to belong to the Roc chain but that doesn't seem to be the case now. We fly out of Newcastle usually, as we are in Southern Scotland. We always find a package holiday cheaper, as the time you book accommodation, flights and car hire separately, then if self catering, it makes for quite an expensive trip.

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » June 29th, 2016, 2:39 pm

Sorry I didn't read your post properly about going in 2017 season.

I have just checked again with the Jet2 website, and if you key in (top right) button, the name of the apartments, they are showing them, BUT when I keyed a date in 2017 for a 1 bedroom apartment it detailed no room combination. This was from Newcastle, and perhaps Jet2, although they are contracted, have not yet input booking details quite yet. Maybe try and email Jet2 direct and see what explanation they can give you.

Alan

ginandtonic
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by ginandtonic » June 29th, 2016, 3:47 pm

Alan, I phoned Jet2 and the guy was as good as no good, just stating that they may be booked up for next year (I doubt this very much) or they may not be offering them next year. He couldn't explain that when I tried to book for 2017 a couple of weeks back they quoted a price. Anyhow, just thought I might book early as one report claims they should be 5 star, so thought I would get in before the price was 5 star too!! We'll take a dander over next week and see if we can suss it out! Thanks

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » June 29th, 2016, 8:35 pm

Okay dokey and have a great holiday next week. :finga:

Alan

rachells12
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by rachells12 » July 24th, 2016, 1:42 pm

How was your holiday? Did you find the apartment?
I was thinking of these and booking things separate next year. The package holidays ha email shot up!

ginandtonic
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by ginandtonic » August 1st, 2016, 3:09 pm

Hi, thoroughly enjoyed our holiday. Took a walk out to Menorcamar apartments and they do look lovely. Jet 2 have not confirmed they will be selling hols there next year but Thomas Cook are. The only thing putting us off is the reported lack of umbrellas around pool, but they are getting some great reviews.

ginandtonic
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by ginandtonic » August 25th, 2016, 5:37 pm

Now available for Summer 2017 through Jet2.

ibroxidol
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by ibroxidol » September 27th, 2016, 8:46 am

We've just returned from cala n bosch didn't stay in these apartments but we were near them. Have to say they look lovely and we got chatting to a couple that were staying at menorca Mar they said it was lovely the staff were friendly and helpful the apartments were spotless and plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas they couldn't fault it said it was superb