Markets

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Cala'n Bosc, Son Xoriguer and Cap d'Artrutx area.
jane160

Markets

Post by jane160 » June 15th, 2017, 9:25 am

Hi, just wondered what days and whereabouts the markets are on?? Staying in Princesa Playa in Calan Bosch from 21st of June for 2 weeks and always roaming around the markets for bits to take home. Thanks in advance for any information.
Happy holidays :grin:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Markets

Post by Sunseaker » June 15th, 2017, 11:10 am

:???: Mmm Don't know about that end of the Island but Mahon (Mao) is Tuesdays and Saturdays and Es Castell if I remember is on a Monday and Wednesday.
I only let him think he's in charge.

jane160

Post by jane160 » June 15th, 2017, 11:44 am

Thanks Sunseaker. Can't wait to get there now. Been going to Menorca for quite a few years and most recently to the Princesa Playa which we love. Two weeks of doing whatever we want!! bliss

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » June 15th, 2017, 12:02 pm

There's a fruit and veg plus other Menorcan products market at the Plaza del Mercat in Ciutadella Saturday's from 07:00 to 13:00. Another market in the Plaza de Es Born on Friday's and Saturday's starting early and closing around 14:00. Plus there's a summer evening craft market on Friday's, Saturday's and Sunday's on the steps leading down to the harbour.

Also in the summer months there are other markets around the town, I'd call in the tourist information office for details.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

nottoobad
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by nottoobad » June 15th, 2017, 9:02 pm

https://www.descobreixmenorca.com/en/cr ... s-menorca/

These are the dates for this year, for anyone interested the night market in Alaoir on Wednesdays in July and August is excellent, there is usually some sort of display in the main square, ie local housewives demonstrating recipes with Mahon cheese, or school children singing and dancing, followed by a live band, rock, jazz etc, stalls are set up in the streets around the square, they are artisan stalls, with original paintings, jewellery, leather, clothes , foods, no touristy rubbish, and really good prices....as the sun sets the lights on the stalls and the cobbled streets makes the whole area look so very pretty, sat in the square, glass of rosado listening to Spanish rock, fantastico. Give it a try.

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » June 16th, 2017, 3:01 pm

:razz: We love Alayor on an evening and the music isn't just on a Wednesday, when we were there in September after we'd been out seeing friends we stopped in the square for a night cap, as you do :lol: and three nights there was something going on.
I only let him think he's in charge.

nottoobad
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by nottoobad » June 16th, 2017, 10:05 pm

OOO didn't know that Sunseeker, thought it was just July and August, will have to remember that , thankyou

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by glensibs » June 17th, 2017, 4:25 pm

There was a market in Ciutadella last Monday, the usual t shirts and belts market which is normally Friday and Saturday. They are gearing up for St Joan and half the streets are closed off. What with that and the roadworks closing the bus stops at Es Pins and the buses terminating at the Perimiteral stop, making it good ten minute walk to the centre it's a bit of a nightmare getting into the centre of town at the moment.