Parasol Base

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Cala'n Bosc, Son Xoriguer and Cap d'Artrutx area.
ginandtonic
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Parasol Base

Post by ginandtonic » June 20th, 2017, 9:21 am

Hi,
We're heading out to Cala n Bosch again in a few weeks and reports coming from our accommodation state there are nowhere near enough parasols around the pool. Hubby is very fair skinned and could no way sit out without shade. We usually buy a parasol for use when we are at the beach, but just wondered if bases are available in any of the local shops. I know we would probably get one in the big Discont store near Cuitadella but we wont have a car for the full duration of hols.

Thanks

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Parasol Base

Post by Sunseaker » June 26th, 2017, 7:35 pm

:sad: Sorry you haven't had any reply's, I have just come back from a week in Menorca with our granddaughter and was annoyed at nearly all the sunbeds under the umbrellas were taken up by towels by 8am, and people not seen until sometimes two hours later, since moving back to the UK I know suffer from prickly heat and this year even after finding shade I still suffered with just the heat. :evil:
I only let him think he's in charge.

ginandtonic
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by ginandtonic » June 30th, 2017, 8:21 am

Hi
Thanks for replying. I'm led to believe the accommodation have now increased the amount of sunbeds, so hopefully we will get one.
It infuriates me to watch people scurry about with their towels at some god unearthly time to make sure they get the beds they want. In fact, it has at times, spoiled for me what should be a relaxing holiday. You do have to sometimes take the 'if you can't beat them, join them' attitude, but I find it difficult, and I've seen us just giving up and heading to the beach. When you're paying a lot for a well earned break this shouldn't be the case.

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » June 30th, 2017, 2:53 pm

:sad: Oh dear, it angers me too, I felt like throwing them in the pool, just take a deep breath and carry on :smile:
I only let him think he's in charge.