Returning to Cala Blanca 23rd July-Maribel

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santandria, Sa Caleta and Cala Blanca resort area.
Kayzer1971
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Returning to Cala Blanca 23rd July-Maribel

Post by Kayzer1971 » April 1st, 2013, 4:12 pm

So looking forward to returning Cala Blanca last visit was in June 2009!!!!
Have previously stayed at the Vista Playa 2(3 years in a row) but this year I am going on my own with my 3 children and staying at the Maribel as much cheaper. All the reviews look ok, and i know the complex, but wondered if anyone could tell me the layout of the one bed apartments? Is it a twin room and sofa bed in the lounge??? Hope the resort is still as lovely, we usually go in June so is it a bit busier in school holidays in July??
This is going to be a big thing for me and the kids as will be our first holiday on our own and especially as im the world worst flier :shock:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Returning to Cala Blanca 23rd July-Maribel

Post by Sunseaker » April 2nd, 2013, 2:54 pm

I cant help you there, but just wanted to say I am sure you will be fine, have a great holiday with your children, and as for flying :shock: I don't like it either, always have to hold my husbands hand, even across the isle :lol: but with us now living on Menorca I often fly back to the UK on my own :???: no hand to hold onto, I just close my eyes and think of something else :lol:

Have a lovely time. :grin:
I only let him think he's in charge.

sunnysideup
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by sunnysideup » April 2nd, 2013, 3:30 pm

Hi :smile:

The Maribel are a very nice and well run complex, twin beds and sofa bed in living area as you thought, I have put you a link on to ryan air page they have lots of photos for you to look at including the interior
http://www.ryanairhotels.com/Hotel/Mari ... tAodBSIAuw
The resort is still lovey and should be nice in June, plenty of bars and restaurants for you to try, and as you will know easy to get to cala n bosch or cuitadella. You will be fine with just your kids, I bet they will have a great time :finga:

Happy holidays

Alan :finga: :finga:
Enjoy life...... There's plenty of time to be dead!!!..

Cala n Forcat 1995 - present
Cala N Porter 1992 1993
Arenal 1996
Sant Tomas 1993 1998 1999
Cala n Bosch 2000 2002
Cala Blanca 2001

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by glensibs » April 2nd, 2013, 6:37 pm

We stayed in a one bedder at the Maribel last October. Twin bedded room and sofa bed in the lounge. Lovely and clean and the complex is great and very central. We also stayed in the Vista Playa last June, to be honest there isn't much to choose between the two, just the price.

I'm sure it will be brilliant and your kids will love it. Enjoy!!!!

garyd
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by garyd » April 14th, 2013, 10:05 am

Hi as i read it i thought you were going in July?not June,but they are very central and weather will be great we are there(Maribel 3) 13th -27th July even though i said that the prices are going up each year,we love it but ............the Maribel 3 now charges PER PERSON in 2 bed apartments,as alot of folk were going in a 2 bed (sleeps 5) they have realised that they missed out somewhat,still £1903 for 2 weeks for 3 of us,up from £1450 4 years ago.Ill look out for a mum/dad?? and 3 kids to say hello to :lol:in fact if i have the car that week ill even go as far as giving you a lift to supermarket out of town n back :smile: gary

Kayzer1971
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by Kayzer1971 » April 14th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Hi Gary

Yeah we are there 23rd July to the 30th August..You wont miss us as all my kids have red hair!!!!!
As i said we have stayed at at Vista Playa 2 a few times and know the Maribel, but not seen inside the apartments.
We have always gone in June but never in July so hope its really warm and a little busier, but not too much as that's the appeal with Cala Blanca the peace and quiet!!
It will really be odd being abroad on my own with the kids but cant wait....oll on July :cool:
I may hold you to that lift to he supermarket lol....

JENJEN
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by JENJEN » July 2nd, 2013, 9:47 pm

Hi Kayzer. Just got back from 2 weeks in Cala Blanca. Stayed at the maribel111 this time a bit quieter than the main complex but they are all 2 bedrooms. We must have had a real bargain Gary as we only paid £460 for the 4 of us for 2 weeks. The resort was a little busier than the last time we went in June and very hot. Im sure you will have a wonderful time with your family Kayzer, I would live there if I could
LIFE IS TO SHORT MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

rob_cheshire

Post by rob_cheshire » July 3rd, 2013, 2:46 pm

We stayed here in October last year and enjoyed it so much I am hoping to go again this October. The apartments were very well equipped and the complex was very pleasant as was the resort as a whole, although it was very quiet being the back end of the season.
You will probably be familiar with all the eating places and bars there but I have to say that Jenny's (which was literally a stone's throw from our front door) was the best for value and service in my opinion. (3 courses plus wine for 9.95)