1st timer!

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santandria, Sa Caleta and Cala Blanca resort area.
jack russell mad

1st timer!

Post by jack russell mad » July 2nd, 2013, 12:31 pm

Hi, i am new here and this august will be the first time we have visited Menorca! :grin: we are staying in Santandiria for a week.
one of my questions is, we have hired a car for 5 days from Owners cars, in Cala Blanca. i have looked on Google maps but cant find where they are! can we walk from our resort to Cala Blanca? and does anyone know if it will be simple to find the car hire place?!
so once we get the car we would love to explore the island. my husband and daughter would love to go snorkelling. which beaches would you recommend? i am sure i will have some more questions to ask at a later date! thankyou

JENJEN
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Re: 1st timer!

Post by JENJEN » July 2nd, 2013, 5:17 pm

Hi. I believe the owners Car Hire is by the Sagitarious Hotel on Avenada de Cala Blanca rd down to Cala Blanca beach. It is only about a 10 min walk from Santandria. We allways stay in Cala Blanca and use both beaches which are very similar. Cala Blanca has a diving centre by the beach near the Quay West bar.

Im sure you will enjoy the resort as much as we do having been there 8 times
LIFE IS TO SHORT MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » July 2nd, 2013, 5:20 pm

Look here -> http://www.ownerscars.com/en/offices/cala-blanca/ and from the beach at Cala Santandiria its about a 20 minutes [1Km] walk.

Snorkelling, keep away from the beaches. All along the coastline you'll find swimming platforms and places where you can get in and out of the water from the rocks. These are where you want to go, the snorkelling will be 100% better than from the beaches. Take some bread with you and let it break up in the water, then watch as fish come from everywhere to get at it.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

thebentleys
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by thebentleys » July 2nd, 2013, 7:24 pm

We returned last week from Cala Blanca,you will love it in the area.
You must explore the island in your car,you will want to return again and again.
Happy holiday!