Back from Cala Blanca

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santandria, Sa Caleta and Cala Blanca resort area.
JENJEN
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Back from Cala Blanca

Post by JENJEN » July 2nd, 2013, 3:45 pm

Returned on the 24th June after two glorious weeks in Cala Blanca. We were put in the Maribel 111 Apartments near the Blan Cala Apts and couldn't fault them. We had the end ground floor one with a nice patio area and a grass area in front where we put our sunbeds.There was one small problem I found 3 cockroaches in my wardrobe the following morning. it was dealt with immediately by maintenance and we were given a bottle of wine and 2 silk scarves by the management.The first 10 days only 3 of the 8 apts were let so we practically had the pool to ourselves . Then the last 4 days our piece was shattered with the arrival of 38 Spanish Teenagers over for the ST Juan Fiesta which was fine they were friendly and not to noisy after midnight. We are very young at heart 66 year olds and like a good time ourselves.
I would definitely go back to the Maribel111 again at £460 for a 2 bed apt for 4 of us for 2 weeks couldn't fault it.

We found the sunbeds a bit pricey this year at 18 euro for 2 and a brolly so only spent 4 days on the beach. It was nice to see Quay West open again we had a couple of good nights there with the entertainment and the pool area had been refurbished to a high standard. As usual Jenny's was the best place to eat the menu was even more extensive and enjoyed every meal cant believe that the price is still 9.90 euro's for 3 courses and wine has not altered in seven years also did the best English breakfast. Had a couple of meals at laurel & Hardy for the same price without wine although the presentation was good didn't think the food as good. On the last night we thought we would try the Tapa's at the Blarney Stone (our fav watering hole) They were scrummy especially the fresh crab and wished we had tried them before at 5 euro's for 3.

All in all it was an amazing holiday once again and cant wait to return
LIFE IS TO SHORT MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Back from Cala Blanca

Post by Sunseaker » July 2nd, 2013, 3:54 pm

:razz: Sounds like you had a great holiday then :razz: and many thanks for telling us all about it. :toasting:
I only let him think he's in charge.

sunnysideup
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Back from Cala Blanca

Post by sunnysideup » July 2nd, 2013, 8:06 pm

Great report Jenjen

So glad you had great time, might have to give the crab tapas a go when we go back over ourselves

Alan :finga: :finga:
Enjoy life...... There's plenty of time to be dead!!!..

Cala n Forcat 1995 - present
Cala N Porter 1992 1993
Arenal 1996
Sant Tomas 1993 1998 1999
Cala n Bosch 2000 2002
Cala Blanca 2001