FAO Glensibs and Higgs008

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santandria, Sa Caleta and Cala Blanca resort area.
trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

FAO Glensibs and Higgs008

Post by trevx » June 19th, 2015, 11:08 am

Are either of you guys currently out in CB?

Are you in the Blancala Glensibs?

Can't remember where you said you were staying Hoggs008 :???:

How's the resort and your accommodation?

Any changes, recommendations, reports....can you tell I'm in need of news from the front!!! :lol:

All being well just over a week for us....cases out this weekend!!

trevx

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: FAO Glensibs and Higgs008

Post by glensibs » June 19th, 2015, 12:16 pm

We came back last Saturday, currently suffering withdrawal symptoms so looking to book for Sept/October ish.

As ever there are a few changes, don't want to spoil it for you so I will let you see them for yourselves.

CB is still our favourite resort. We stayed in Santo Tomas for our final few days just to check it out. Shan't be going back! Apartment was fantastic there but resort not our cup of tea at all. Mostly BIG, BIG hotel all inclusive places, possibly ideal for families but no little local bars or restaurants.

Anyway, I've left a towel on a lounger for you at the Blancala, hope you have a brilliant time. I'm sure you will.

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » June 19th, 2015, 10:04 pm

Totally understand the withdrawal symptoms and the need to book something to look forward to! We look to Sept / Oct too for a last fix before going into the winter tunnel...not going to talk about that now however!

You've got me curious about changes- come on give me something!?

Will look out for the towel!! What colour is it?

Hope you had a good hol.

trevx

Rosaline

Post by Rosaline » June 20th, 2015, 12:32 pm

Can somebody please tell me how to post a question. Am I being really stupid?

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » June 20th, 2015, 3:02 pm

Hello Roasaline, I have approved your post, after a few posts they will appear automatically, as admin or a moderator have to approve them first, this cuts down on the amount of spammers.
I only let him think he's in charge.

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by glensibs » June 20th, 2015, 6:42 pm

Not going to give much too away Trevx, the surprises are one of the best bits of going back to the same place. I will say that if you go into Nautilus when the toddler trundles in on her Hello Kitty truck you can either say "Hola Martina" or "Caio Martina"!

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » June 21st, 2015, 9:27 pm

:rolleyes:

Got me really puzzled now, especially as we've not been into Nautilus!!! :lol:

trevx

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by glensibs » June 22nd, 2015, 2:29 pm

You could do far worse than Nautilus. I don't think the meals are particularly spectacular, my OH gets the munchies and we sometimes end up there for coffee and apple pie at the end of the evening!

The couple that run it have been doing so since it opened about twenty years ago. Maria is the sister of Pedro from the Blarney Stone. Now you are going to tell me you don't go to the Blarney Stone either!

Where do you like to hang out when you are there?

Bet you have stuff piled on the spare bed ready to pack by now!

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » June 22nd, 2015, 8:24 pm

Yep you're right- not been to Blarney Stone either!

That probably makes us sound v anti-social but we're happy to have a drink and food at the apartment after a long day out, saving the €s for when we eat out in Ciutadella/ Mercadal/ Mao/ any of the other towns or beachside or at the Blancala.

Yep again, stuff is piling up in the spare room and mega checklist pinned up:lol:

Just trying to check in online but Monarch website isn't cooperating grrrr :mad: :mad: :mad:

trevx

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by glensibs » June 24th, 2015, 9:53 am

I don't for one minute think you are antisocial!

Monarch are an infuriating web site, my last lot of boarding cards were three pages each because I couldn't remove the ads as I had previously. More Grr!

We have been using Easyjet recently, their web site is much better, the flights are better times for us and the prices are similar. We have been going from Luton.

Not long now.......