FAO Glensibs and Higgs008

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santandria, Sa Caleta and Cala Blanca resort area.
trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Re: FAO Glensibs and Higgs008

Post by trevx » June 24th, 2015, 12:55 pm

Website problem sorted...problem was with 1 digit in the confirmation code I was inputting...looked like a 1 but it was an I :oops: and I'd not had a drink either!! :lol:

Boarding passes just 1 page each this time :smile:

We're stuck with Monarch and Jet2; Jet2's prices were a joke :shock: so it's Monarch this year.

Right, back to addressing to-do items on check list and trying to reduce the mounds in the spare room :lol:

trevx

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » June 24th, 2015, 1:31 pm

Remember the kitchen sink as well trevx. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan
:cool:
:supz: :dream: :c9: :finga:

ROLL ON 2021, perhaps.

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » June 25th, 2015, 9:31 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It does feel a bit like that Alan, however am resisting including the sink!

Preparation nightmare compounded by fact we're travelling up on Friday to relatives in Cheshire for a birthday celebration at the weekend, prior to flight out Sunday, hence mega list: clothes etc just for the weekend, birthday present (oh and anniversary present to be left with them for July date)and all the stuff for Menorca.

And then there's the "little" items to add: at an ungodly hour this am OH asked me not to forget the travel binoculars.... :roll:

trevx

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » June 25th, 2015, 2:11 pm

So its just the usual things to remember and on the day the brain cells click and mention summit that you have forgotten. It happens to us all. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not really this topic, but anyway, hope you and your o/h have a great holiday and have a safe journey. Now whilst there of course, you could give us all a running daily visit on whats doing there.

All the best,

Alan

ROLL ON 2021, perhaps.

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » June 25th, 2015, 4:18 pm

Thanks Alan.
:grin:
Can't promise daily, will be trying to rest relax and have some fun after all!...but will definitely try to post. :lol:

trevx

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » June 25th, 2015, 4:20 pm

Okay dokey. :finga: :finga: :finga:

Alan

ROLL ON 2021, perhaps.

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by glensibs » June 26th, 2015, 9:47 am

Hope you have a good holiday after the hectic weekend!

Don't forget we need regular updates!

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » July 30th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Huge apologies for not posting since the above, it was not through lack of trying.

Wi-Fi connection each time I tried was non-existent apart from once when I managed to order and send the congrats telegram I mentioned in another post- but that took over 1.5 hours :sad:

OH had same problem with i-phone, finally refused to waste beach time trying during the day and the evenings were taken up with dinner etc.

Ref the hol:

Briefly, as has been posted by others it was hot hot hot, but we coped :lol: We had only one day out of 21 where any cloud appeared at the west end and that was our last morning- almost as if it was getting us prepared for home!

Encountered 1 jelly fish, on our 1st beach day, on Es Talaier; got stung, but not the worst I've had and thereafter saw no more on any of the southern beaches we visited: Son Saura, Es Talaier (both almost daily), Macarellita, Trebaluger; only visited Algairiens on the north but no jellies there that day either.

I'm afraid we only had a wander around the Commercial area in Cala Blanca once in the evening when we spotted the tail end of the Flamenco show in Nautilus; was going down a storm with visitors.

As I said before, we like to save our €s to eat out in Ciutadella and beyond rather than the resort. However we did eat in the restaurant at the Blancala twice: must mention the good fiduea, served with some style by Leo!

I'll post a report on the other places we ate at later, when I've got some time to dredge my memory for details of the meals we ate....

Suffice to say the island was its perfect self, we hated leaving it and within a few days of our return we were talking about whether a further visit in the autumn will be possible.

Apologies again for failing to post whilst there.

trevx

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » July 30th, 2015, 1:59 pm

Apologies again for failing to post whilst there.
Accepted, but not before time reporting back. OMG, just can't get the staff these days. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan

ROLL ON 2021, perhaps.

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by glensibs » July 30th, 2015, 3:14 pm

I assumed you'd just thought s*d it, gone native and stayed there. Now there's a thought.....!!