Parking in Ciutadella

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Ciutadella / Cala Morell area.
BonnieBon
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Parking in Ciutadella

Post by BonnieBon » April 22nd, 2018, 6:51 pm

Hello all,

I'm thinking of visiting Ciutadella again after a gap of about 15 years. I used to just find a side street and stop, but I suspect this is not the way to do it these days!

Can anyone let me know the best places to try to park? I'll be approaching on the main road from Mao, and would like to be able to walk fairly easily to the harbour and the main square.

I'll be there during the third week of June.

Thanks in advance,

BB

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Parking in Ciutadella

Post by Sue Adderley » April 22nd, 2018, 7:27 pm

Hi

It can be fairly difficult to navigate Ciutadella by car these days (depending how busy it is), as they've pedestrianised some of the roads you could previously park on and diverted traffic elsewhere. However, you can still park in roadside places on a few streets.

If you turn right at the roundabout with the horse statue, as you come off the main ME1, there are free roadside spaces. Obviously, it's a bit of a walk into the main centre and to the harbour, but not too bad if the weather isn't too hot.

We usually end up parking on the long wide road that takes you out of town (where the Police Station is). There are free roadside spaces and it's near the harbour and closer to the town centre. You can also still park down the side streets off this road, (which lead directly down to the harbour). However, to access this end of the town you now have to sit at several sets of traffic lights and cut through some side streets.

The car parking area near the market square (overlooking the harbour) is still there, but you need to pay at a meter. You may want to invest in (or download) a current map of the town to make matters easier.

Good Luck!

Sue :toasting:

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » April 23rd, 2018, 6:07 pm

A heads-up for you: parking in Ciutadella will be more restricted the week you mention due to the St Joan fiesta: the fair and various stalls occupy Placa d'es Born and Placa d'es Pins from the weekend prior and some side streets are also closed to traffic for this period.

trevx

RubiAnne
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by RubiAnne » April 24th, 2018, 10:18 am

We've been twice by car and never had any trouble finding somewhere to park. I think we had to drive around a bit until we spotted a space but we found a side road fairly near to the centre.

RubiAnne
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by RubiAnne » April 24th, 2018, 10:19 am

double post.
Last edited by RubiAnne on May 7th, 2018, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BonnieBon
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by BonnieBon » May 7th, 2018, 2:28 pm

Many thanks for the replies, and sorry for the delay in acknowledging them.

I had (almost) forgotten about the St Joan festival, so maybe it'd be an idea to skip Ciutadella this year and go next year, when we'll probably aim to get there earlier. The place isn't going anywhere, is it :-)?

Anyroadup, enjoy the summer wherever you are.

Cheers,

BB