car hire cala'n forcat

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Los Delfines resort area including Cala Forcat, Brut and Blanes.
familygirl

car hire cala'n forcat

Post by familygirl » May 24th, 2007, 5:42 pm

Hi - we are going to Cala'N Forcat during June and are on a bit of a budget. We have transfers to and from the airport to our villa and so opted out of hiring a car through the travel company (seemed pretty expensive). I am looking into different companies on the net and can't find one that we can hire one from without leaving a huge cash deposit. We don't have credit cards and so it seems that the only way to get a car is to leave most of our spending money with the car rental company - not ideal! Does anyone know of a company other than poppy cars (not convenient as they will not deliver to resort and we only need a car to potter round the island in - not to transfer 2 adults and 3 kids luggage) that will provide us with a reasonably priced car which I can pay for with either cash or visa debit card. Starting to panic now!!

Thanks so much

sevansthomas
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by sevansthomas » May 24th, 2007, 7:08 pm

Hi

There is a car hire firm called Royal Cars which are in Cala'n Forcat and are based opposite the Oasis Park apts, we have used them previously when we haved hired just for a few days. Did not need to leave a deposit and reasonable rates, limited choice of cars but suited us at the time.

We are also there in June can't wait!!

Sharon :grin: :grin:

familygirl

Post by familygirl » May 24th, 2007, 7:37 pm

Thanks so much for that advice. I didnt know whether I needed to get something sorted before we go but I guess the bigger firms with websites are more likely to want big deposits etc. I think we will just wait and see what happens when we get there and we will certainly check this company out.

Have a great holiday!

Emma

Jozza
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by Jozza » May 24th, 2007, 9:37 pm

When you get to Cala n Forcat - go towards Top Markets (turn right out of your apartments!!)

There is a car hire place inbetween the first entrance to Top Markets that you come to and Top Sports. They are also a Cash Exchange place.

Usually can get a good deal from there.

Joanne
Joanne

Tha can alus tell a Yorkshireman............................................................
but tha can't tell 'em much!

cazpanda
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by cazpanda » May 25th, 2007, 1:12 pm

We hired a car from Betacar who delivered to our apartment & for 2 days cost us 42 Euros. That was through Thomson booked in resort though so I dont know if it is any dearer to book direct. They have a website & it seemed more expensive on there.

Sugarspunsister
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Sugarspunsister » July 22nd, 2007, 5:48 pm

Hiya folks, was thinking about hiring from Poppy's after loads of recommendations but they are at the other side of the island I believe (we are in Calan Forcat) - so I imagine collection would be a bit of a pain (?) Want to book a car in advance for one week of our stay and after hearing that during the busy season most cars are already booked wondered if you could recommend a firm in/near to Calan F - that's if we can't use Poppys.

Thanks (so looking forward to our hols)

Sugar

I've posted this again here because realised placing in 'sticky' was not appropriate for a request. :???:
Let the sun shine on...

beemoos
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by beemoos » July 22nd, 2007, 8:33 pm

Try Hiper car I think there office is at the Binimar apts.In Calan forcat. We used them a couple of times when we were staying in Cala Blanca & they gave us great service

Sugarspunsister
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Sugarspunsister » July 22nd, 2007, 9:13 pm

thanks for that, did you book in advance? and if so, did you need to pay any money up front before the day of hire?

Does anyone recommend that we book in advance, or is it better to leave until we are there? We won't need to hire a car for the first couple of days because we are going for a fortnight and I guess we'll spend the first few days by the pool and on foot discovering CF.

Sugar
Let the sun shine on...

Sugarspunsister
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Sugarspunsister » July 23rd, 2007, 12:05 am

And also - will I be able to get hold of booster seats whilst there? I'm not sure wether hire companies will supply them? Any suggestions folks, would be greatly appreciated. My little Sugar lumps are 8 and 4.

Sugar
Let the sun shine on...

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » July 23rd, 2007, 12:06 am

If you do try Hyper DON'T pay up front as word on the street is similar to a couple of years back viewtopic.php?t=488
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Return to “C-Menorca sponsored Los Delfines, Cala Forcat, Cala Blanes area.”