Plaza Domingo.

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Los Delfines resort area including Cala Forcat, Brut and Blanes.
a1424
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Plaza Domingo.

Post by a1424 » August 4th, 2011, 3:36 pm

Part of reason for our switch of resorts for next year, was for the kids to have more choice of entertainment in the evening.

I have seen lots of posts for the Jimmy Hills square, which is on my list of things to see and do. But there is not a lot of feedback for the Plaza Domingo area.

Looking at there website, it seems perfect place for the kids and adults to spend the evening. But it seems that it is not that popular, going by the lack of posts on here about the place.

sunnysideup
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Plaza Domingo.

Post by sunnysideup » August 4th, 2011, 4:13 pm

Hi :grin:

I think it's probably because Jimmy Hills has been there much longer, to be honest Plaza Domingos have some very good acts on as well in fact they are all the same really, the temptations, fake that, etc. They also do food and have other things to do like a bull rodeo, games, and face painting (sometimes).
If you do go up to plaza domingos there is more around there for you to do, right next to the water park and bon air that both have big inflatable slides for the kids, also if you venture through the blue arch you can get a real great meal and Frankies.
I would defiantly recommend that you try it as well as jimmy's, just remember that you will pay more in both of these place for drinks......

:finga: :finga: :finga: :finga: :finga:
Enjoy life...... There's plenty of time to be dead!!!..

Cala n Forcat 1995 - present
Cala N Porter 1992 1993
Arenal 1996
Sant Tomas 1993 1998 1999
Cala n Bosch 2000 2002
Cala Blanca 2001

a1424
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by a1424 » August 4th, 2011, 5:03 pm

sunnysideup,

Thanks for your reply, it is good to know that the Plaza Domingo has plenty to do. With regard to the drink prices,Sa Paissa in Cala n Porter has the same high drink prices. So we are used to hike in price having spent the last three years in Cala n Porter. Not a huge problem as we are not huge drinkers, only ten pints for the wife, and half a shandy for myself!!!!!!!!

Also I realise that they have to cover the cost of the entertainment. I am still trying to find my feet on the area.But is seems very much like Cala N Porter, but on a bigger scale.

No doubt I will be picking peoples brains over the coming months. Only have to wait about ten months now. :cry:

sunnysideup
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by sunnysideup » August 4th, 2011, 6:14 pm

:grin: :grin:

I know you will love it if you are use to Cala n Porter, as you say there are very similar and yes you are right CnF is bigger but you can still get around everywhere in 20 mins!
I have been going to CnF for 15 years now at least twice a year, so if you need to know anything about anything just post or send me a private message and I will be pleased to help you

Regards
:finga: :finga: :finga:
Enjoy life...... There's plenty of time to be dead!!!..

Cala n Forcat 1995 - present
Cala N Porter 1992 1993
Arenal 1996
Sant Tomas 1993 1998 1999
Cala n Bosch 2000 2002
Cala Blanca 2001

pabs1
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by pabs1 » August 4th, 2011, 9:03 pm

Hello all,

We preferred the Plaza Domingo last year, but we were staying in the Talayot so not too far to stroll back. We always found the place and the staff very welcoming and my eldest (7) used to force me into Lorenzo's or Frankies for a nightcap whilst on the playstation.
As for prices it wasn't extortionate if you avoided the premium drinks. Sure they had 3 bottles of Mahou for €5/6, and before that had 3 Bud for €5. It was good that they updated your bill after each round so there was no chance of any late night nasty surprises.
I've already been told that we have to go and see the childrens entertainer on our first night later this month so will no doubt make a night of it.

P

ninny pig
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by ninny pig » August 4th, 2011, 11:02 pm

We prefer the atmosphere at Jimmy Hills and the seats are more comfy :lol:
You only live once, so live for now, enjoy everything, regret nothing.

ninny pig
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by ninny pig » August 4th, 2011, 11:21 pm

Oh and forgot to say Jimmy Hills has an indoor soft play area for the children and their pancakes are the best :tonqe:

hartlepool mick
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hartlepool mick » August 4th, 2011, 11:25 pm

think that bull rodeo bolted about three years ago

ninny pig
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by ninny pig » August 4th, 2011, 11:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

a1424
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by a1424 » August 5th, 2011, 9:41 am

Thanks again for all your reply's.

I have a good idea of the layout of the resort, and where everything is. After spending hours looking at Goggle Street View. Most of everything we need is close at hand to the villa we have hired.

I also have a list of about ten restaurants in the resort, that have recommended on this forum. But I would like to try and narrow it down to about three or four. I am old fashioned in a way, if I like a place I will keep going back time and time again.

To give you an idea, when I was in CnP I was happy to pay around 18 euro for a three course set menu with a half bottle of wine included Really what I am looking for a similar set up with a good choice of kids meals also. Also could anybody give me an idea what type of food is on the set menus in CnF.

Return to “C-Menorca sponsored Los Delfines, Cala Forcat, Cala Blanes area.”