Returned from another great September trip

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Los Delfines resort area including Cala Forcat, Brut and Blanes.
sunnysideup
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Returned from another great September trip

Post by sunnysideup » October 7th, 2014, 2:56 pm

Sorry my report is a little late, only just got around to writing it.
Well we had another fantastic time back in CnF this September and my word wasn't it hot :shock: the humidity was a little uncomfortable at night time but this didn't stop us from having fun.
The resort was really quite busy which surprised me and most businesses saying that they had an ok year. Frankies as ever was fantastic and full most nights, but a special mention has to go to Lorenzos bar, always been a great place for me but even better now Alan spins his tune every night until the early hours.
The water park closed the last Sunday we were there and a lot of the resort was saying they would close up by 6th October, which is a real shame as it's still so lovely this time of year, I guess with half term being so late they have decided it just not worth it :cry:
We had a trip to Mahon to watch the ever wonderful Red Arrows who once again put on a great display, has to be one of the best places to see the display you get so close up.
I must say a big thanks to owners cars, I know some of you don't like them, but we parked up in Ciutadella the one day only to find when we returned to the car some nice person had completely taken the drivers side mirror off, thinking here we go it will cost us a fortune as we hadn't taken the extra cover out, we were pleasantly surprised to find when we told them they just came out to the accommodation the next morning and changed it free of charge.
It's always great to catch up with our friends in September, still my favourite time, and for me it's not over yet as I have a cheeky little flight booked for the 17th October (even if I am the only person strolling the streets) :toasting:

Alan :finga: :finga:
Enjoy life...... There's plenty of time to be dead!!!..

Cala n Forcat 1995 - present
Cala N Porter 1992 1993
Arenal 1996
Sant Tomas 1993 1998 1999
Cala n Bosch 2000 2002
Cala Blanca 2001

dazzler66
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Re: Returned from another great September trip

Post by dazzler66 » October 7th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Makes me want to jump on a plane and join you.

LinH
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by LinH » October 7th, 2014, 7:35 pm

Great report Alan and good to hear that the resort has had a good season, shame it's ending so early though. I'm just waiting for Easy jet to release their summer flights but to be honest I've no idea where to go next year. We've stayed at the Vista Picas a few times now but this year couldn't fully enjoy it because of the heat of a night so really want somewhere with air con next year. Not finding it easy though to find two bed accom at a reasonable price.

sunnysideup
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by sunnysideup » October 7th, 2014, 7:57 pm

Hi Lin

It was an exception I think this year the humidity, as you know its not usually that bad. You are right though there are not many apts that have air con in the resorts if any. Have you ever looked at the Las Dianas II apts, they are up behind the water park past the delfines hotel, cheap and cheerful but they do some great deals throughout the summer and they have ceiling fans in bedrooms, very basic but after all you only sleep in them. They are all one beds but at the price you could probably get two for the same a picas or better. have a look on travel republic site they come under calan blanes :toasting:

Cala N Porter 1992 1993
Arenal 1996
Cala n Bosch 2000 2002
Cala Blanca 2001

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » October 7th, 2014, 10:49 pm

Good report Alan. :finga: So a 'sneaky' trip over shortly. Luck you and enjoy. :grin:

Alan
:cool:
:blue: :blue: :blue: :partyman: :partyman: :dream:

:cool: :smile: :yawinkle:

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » October 8th, 2014, 4:30 pm

Well done and a good read :grin:

bulwellian
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by bulwellian » October 8th, 2014, 4:44 pm

Oh jeez three times this year ,only joking see you on the 17th will be able to have just a little libation
jim :jozza:
removed

sunnysideup
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by sunnysideup » October 8th, 2014, 5:44 pm

bulwellian wrote:Oh jeez three times this year ,only joking see you on the 17th will be able to have just a little libation
jim :jozza:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice to be wanted, looking forward to that :spazzies: with you all :toasting:

Cala N Porter 1992 1993
Arenal 1996
Cala n Bosch 2000 2002
Cala Blanca 2001

LinH
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by LinH » October 8th, 2014, 6:08 pm

Thanks Alan, might check those out. Just booked flights, £600 for 4 before baggage and seat charges, pretty pleased with that. Might look at another resort this time as eldest daughter is not coming with us and feel guilty going to Cala n Forcat without her (it's her favourite place).

stefanovitch
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by stefanovitch » October 10th, 2014, 11:03 am

sunnysideup wrote:I have a cheeky little flight booked for the 17th October (even if I am the only person strolling the streets)
Don't worry - you won't be alone. I'll be there with 7 others (heading out on the 17th) staying at the Talayots and eating at Frankies, L'Ancora, Los Delfines and having a few drinks in Bar 61 (My Boy!)

Re: Frankies, do you know when Diego's missus had the baby?

Any idea if the shopping bar is (or will be) open in October - it was closed last October.

Return to “C-Menorca sponsored Los Delfines, Cala Forcat, Cala Blanes area.”