Euros or Sterling?

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Los Delfines resort area including Cala Forcat, Brut and Blanes.
alisonward
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Euros or Sterling?

Post by alisonward » June 18th, 2015, 6:21 pm

Hi everyone! Just wondering if there is still a foreign exchange facility in Cala en Forcat? We didn't visit the island last year and for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the car hire place just past El Delfins restaurant that we used regularly to exchange our Travellers Cheques on our many previous visits!! The exchange rate here in the UK at the moment is around 1.36€ to the £. So I am wondering whether it would be best to take say, half of my proposed holiday spends in Euros bought over here and the remainder in sterling to change as and when we need to on the island. Prob won't bother with Travellers Cheques (soooo last century I know) and just bring large denomination notes. A heads up on the exchange rate and where to change my spends would be really appreciated. Only 15 sleeps until we descend on the island :toasting: :toasting: WAHOO!!! :cool: :lol: :lol: Can't wait :barmy: : :barmy: :barmy:

sevansthomas
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: Euros or Sterling?

Post by sevansthomas » June 18th, 2015, 7:07 pm

Hi ALison

the place you are thinking of is Nuracar, it is still there and changing money. We normally change half our money into euros before we leave and take sterling and change out there. I have had 1.37 euro to pound ordering euros online with Fairfx and next day delivery.
Three weeks today till we get there - can't wait

Sharon :grin: :grin:

alisonward
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Re: Euros or Sterling?

Post by alisonward » June 18th, 2015, 7:13 pm

Thanks so much for your reply Sharon. I based my exchange rate on our local Ramsdens who " guarantee to have the best exchange rates in town" and to date they have kept their promise!!! :grin: :grin:

Return to “C-Menorca sponsored Los Delfines, Cala Forcat, Cala Blanes area.”