Things to do and places to visit with children.

Accommodation & Restaurant info for Fornells, Playa de Fornells and Ses Salines.
linzi2013

Things to do and places to visit with children.

Post by linzi2013 » June 22nd, 2013, 3:57 pm

Hi all my family and I are going on holiday in august to fornells, and i would be really grateful if somebody can tell me if there is things to do with 3yr old twins and 6 and 7 yr olds in this area? or even close by. I would also like to know the travel time from Fornells to Cala Blanes so we can visit the aqua centre. Ive also found a house in Menorca that's upside down with crazy mirrors and stuff, but i can for the life of me remember where it was. Thankyou :grin: xx

sunnysideup
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Things to do and places to visit with children.

Post by sunnysideup » June 22nd, 2013, 10:17 pm

Hi Linzi :welcome:

Lucky you going to Fornells, it's one of my favorite places to visit. In response to your question on the children, Fornells is really just one big inlet with a small harbor surrounded by restaurants and a few shops. There is a little kids play area and plenty of water sports like canoes boats etc but maybe a little tricky for your small children. To be honest with you that side of the Island is not really where you will find resorts set up for families, the nearest other resorts are Son Parc and Arenal D'en Castell but again are much quieter than others.
Did you view Fornells before booking or take any advise?
If you hire a car then it's a great base as it's central to all areas, Cala n Blanes is approx 25mins just follow the signs to Cuitadella, it will take a while longer on the bus as you will need to change.
There is no upside down house on Menorca, I think you maybe thinking of Katmando but that on Mallorca in Magaluf :sad: take a look at this link
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserRe ... lands.html

Alan :finga: :finga:
Enjoy life...... There's plenty of time to be dead!!!..

Cala n Forcat 1995 - present
Cala N Porter 1992 1993
Arenal 1996
Sant Tomas 1993 1998 1999
Cala n Bosch 2000 2002
Cala Blanca 2001

linzi2013

Post by linzi2013 » June 23rd, 2013, 12:40 pm

hi Alan, thanks for your reply. I did do some research on fornells, we quite like the idea of it being quiet, as with four kids we already have a lot of noise LOL. We dont mind travelling to get to places we get to see more :grin:. when we went to Javea with them there wasnt much there so we travelled around and the kids loved it, and yes i was on about the Katamando. Ive also found out there's a ferry from Cituadella that takes you to north mallorca, so we are going to take a little trip on that, and also the glass bottomed boat in Mahon :grin:. Thanks for your help. xx

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » June 23rd, 2013, 2:24 pm

Fornells iteself is very popular with the wind-surfing, sailing crowd as the bay is excellent for those sorts of watersports, though these are expensive hobbies and perhaps your kids are a bit young for that.

Are you perhaps staying in Playa de Fornells about 2km away from Fornells? This is a newish development with many privately owned villas and apartments with shared pools, a couple of restaurants and bars and a decent beach, lots of good snorkelling off the rocks etc. It's a short drive to Fornells itself. We stayed here several times when my son was between 5 - 10, but we always hired a car and would go to Son Bour or Es Grau beaches for a change of scenery.

There are some lovely north coast virgin beaches near to Fornells (as long as you have a hire car), notably Binidali, Cavalleria and Pregondo.

Arenal D'en Castell, Addaia and Na Macararet are well worth a visit. Hire a car and take a trip to Mao, go on a glass-bottomed boat and vist Fortressa La Mola etc, go up to the top of Monte Toro.

DebC
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by DebC » June 23rd, 2013, 3:13 pm

There is also the new water park for small children upwards at Arenal that is just along the coast from Fornells ,an easy drive by car or bus.

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » June 24th, 2013, 11:01 am

Apols - I meant Binimel-la, not Binidali.