bank machine at fornells?

Accommodation & Restaurant info for Fornells, Playa de Fornells and Ses Salines.
d4cog

bank machine at fornells?

Post by d4cog » May 15th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Does anyone have any information as to where if any an ATM bank machine in Fornells? :lol:

Uncle Bert

Re: bank machine at fornells?

Post by Uncle Bert » May 15th, 2014, 3:48 pm

Welcome to the site d4cog. I don't know Fornells that well myself, but I'm sure someone will be along soon to provide the info you're looking for.
Regards,

Young Uncle Bert

Take me home to the place I belong - ALAIOR, MENORCA!!

d4cog

Post by d4cog » May 15th, 2014, 4:15 pm

Hi,Yes im hoping there will be one there,If not will get one somewhere close,Wanting to find a good supermarket close also :grin:
Regards david :rolleyes:

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » May 15th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Are you staying in Fornells or Playa des Fornells?

carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by carben » May 15th, 2014, 7:37 pm

There is an ATM machine in Fornells itself, not Playa de Fornells. It is opposite the quay, on the left hand side of the road, near to El Cranc restuarant. You won't miss it as you walk around the town :smile:

d4cog

Post by d4cog » May 16th, 2014, 2:26 pm

We staying in playa des fornells,Im sure it wont take long to walk round the bay?
Also is there a supermarket local does anyone know?
Thinking of hiring a car possible after a few days :lol:
Thank you for relpy's to date :rolleyes:

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » May 17th, 2014, 2:01 pm

Playas des Fornells is about a 3 or 4 km walk from Fornells. I have stayed there several times, there is supermarket near the Country Club and a couple of restaurants/bars (including Noggerwood's fave Cafe del Nord and a pizza type place called Es Cactus) but that's it. It is very quiet and pretty. I would really recommend you hire a car.

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » May 17th, 2014, 2:10 pm

Looking at past topics on here about walking from one to the other, it is apparently just over 2 miles by road ( not much fun in the heat of the day) but there is a rough footpath across the headland, just over a mile or so, but rough ground. You would need shoes, not sandals etc and not recommended in the dark.

d4cog

Post by d4cog » May 18th, 2014, 3:10 pm

Have done a lot of viewing on google earth & tripidvisor,Good advice on walking round the bay,As we like walking,
Have found the café de nord and the es crank along with the supermarket next door,Also seen a supermarket as you drive into playas des fornells on the left,We are staying at the villas playas de fornells which I have found is just below these places,Also we have now booked a hire car through www.ambercars.com as the man at poppycars fully booked in dates we need,They will deliver to us.An A/C fiat punto for 8 days in September 240€ will no extra fuel cost,Have to say looks a beautiful area from what I have seen so far,
Again thank you all for the information and advice,It helps plan a few things ahead for our holidays :smile:

Noggerwood
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by Noggerwood » May 18th, 2014, 5:36 pm

:cool:

Hi d4cog, welcome. We have holidayed in PdF for 15 years now and love the quiet peaceful location plus the close proximity to lovely Fornells.
With regard to the walk into Fornells, by road its nearly as far to walk off the PdF complex as it is to walk round the road but its a pleasant stroll anyway. The footpath over the hill to Fornells is very rocky with sharp lava rock at the start of your walk and the path can be a bit treacherous in places but the sea view is stunning. I wouldn't attempt it mid day or when the light is fading.
The small supermarket in PdF has just about everything you need and we don't bother going to the big supermarkets at all now that theres just the two of us.
The Aussie themed Okapi bar, Café del Nord and another restaurant are all nicely located in the middle of the complex and are excellent and there are more than enough restaurants in Fornells.
I wouldn't really recommend PdF unless you had a car but there is a bus service runs to Mahon and Cuitadella from there.
Enjoy your trip, you'll love the Island

:cool:
Ash Scully

Playas de Fornells 20th June 2014