bank machine at fornells?

Accommodation & Restaurant info for Fornells, Playa de Fornells and Ses Salines.
rachells12
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Re: bank machine at fornells?

Post by rachells12 » June 7th, 2014, 10:54 am

Just on the subject of cash machines in general, I am planning on getting a travel cash card, and am wondering what the maximum euro withdrawal would be each day from cash machines on the island.

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » June 7th, 2014, 1:04 pm

Hi, it would be best if you contacted your Card Issuer and they will advise you. :finga: Generally the limit per day is around the £230/300 STERLING, dependent on what kind of Card you have.( €310 at todays rate of £1.23 for £250). Also find out what the withdrawal charge is, as this appears to vary a lot from different Issuers. Another point when asking your Bank/Building Society/Credit card, that you inform them that you MIGHT use it for withdrawals, as they will 'flag up' on your Account, in order for the Issuer to permit withdrawals, as this is out of the normal daily transactions you may incur in the UK.

Hope this helps and Card Issuers are only too pleased to help you nowadays. :finga:

Alan
:cool:
:supz: :dream: :c9: :finga:

ROLL ON 2021, perhaps.

rachells12
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by rachells12 » June 7th, 2014, 1:20 pm

Thanks Alan, it's the Thomas Cook travel card you pre load with your holiday money, to save carrying the cash. was told about the charges, just not about the withdraw amount each day and could not find the information in the pack they gave me, we used one last year but didn't have as much funds to spend, where as this time we have loads of things planed!!! Can not wait :toasting:

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » June 7th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Oh right and sorry but you weren't that clear about that. Have you looked at this link:-

http://www.cashpassport.com/1/en/thomas ... es-Limits/

Not sure how up to date this is. :roll: BUT you will see if its the Thomas Cook Cash Passport one then the € limit is €700 per day. :finga: If you need clarity on this, then I would suggest you contact, by PM, another member on here - caroliner- who knows about Thomas Cook.

Let us know how you get on.

Alan

ROLL ON 2021, perhaps.

rachells12
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by rachells12 » June 7th, 2014, 6:54 pm

I am going to go into the shop and get some more money on the card, will post again when I know a little more, just for others who may wonder to later.

rachells12
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by rachells12 » June 10th, 2014, 9:07 pm

After speeding with the lady in Thomas cook, it would appear, that you are right, you can only usually take the banks own set limit from the ATM, (as you say around 300 euros) but I could go into s bank and with draw more (up to 700). And also use it as a debit card around shops and restaurants that accept master card.
Assuming her information was right.

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » June 10th, 2014, 9:33 pm

Yes you are correct, but watch the various Banks, as they may have set a daily limit to withdrawals. You will defo need your Passport for this at the counter.

By the way:-
After speeding with the lady
- was she on summit then?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan

ROLL ON 2021, perhaps.

rachells12
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by rachells12 » June 10th, 2014, 10:02 pm

Auto correct, it knows more than me. :grin: :grin:

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » June 11th, 2014, 1:43 am

:finga: :finga: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan

ROLL ON 2021, perhaps.

carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by carben » June 29th, 2014, 6:38 pm

Here's a pic of the ATM in Fornells.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.