Tragic event at Cala Pregonda

Accommodation & Restaurant info for Fornells, Playa de Fornells and Ses Salines.
Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Tragic event at Cala Pregonda

Post by Sue Adderley » May 13th, 2016, 12:33 pm

Oh dear, seen in the news that a French tourist died yesterday at Cala Pregonda :sad:

Apparently, he was a 63 years old and had arrived on a boat with some others, to do a spot of snorkelling in the cove. He was swimming in the water, and it appears he may have had a heart attack and/or drowned. I think the rescue services tried to resuscitate him for a while, without success. Very sad! :cry:

Mind you, if I was going to pop my clogs, I can think of worse places to go!

Sue

Shuggie
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Re: Tragic event at Cala Pregonda

Post by Shuggie » May 13th, 2016, 4:25 pm

Water temp is only 17 degrees at the moment which can be a bit of shock to the system if you don't have a wetsuit on.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Tragic event at Cala Pregonda

Post by Sue Adderley » May 13th, 2016, 5:41 pm

You're right, it's very cold for the time of year, especially if he jumped in straight off the boat! :shock:

Apparently, his friends heard him shout, and the next thing they knew he was just floating, so sounds like a heart attack :???: