Son Parc with Villa Plus

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Son Parc resort.
simplex

Son Parc with Villa Plus

Post by simplex » June 12th, 2011, 2:02 am

Just returned from 2 weeks based in Son Parc, Family of 5.. 1st time in Menorca.
Weather was ok.. it was usually cloudy in the mornings but cleared up by afternoons.. we were not out of bed till 10-11 anyway and each time we had poor weather there we drive away from the heavy clouds which seememd to hang around the centre of the island.. and found enough sun for each day.

First thing was to upgrade the car to a biggar model as the Corsa was way inadequate for 2 adults , 3 kids and the bags.. (+ £11 per day).. we intended on seeing as many different places as we could, so something comfy was essential. 30 odd mins drive to Son Parc .. arrived at the Villa.. everything was just as described .. standard was excellent, I was plesantly suprised after reading some negative comments on some of thier villa's elsewhere. we did a big shop at Lidl on the way as the onsite Supermarket could be at least 2 to 3 time the cost on some items. the one at the entrance to Arenel's was cheaper.

Son Parc was pleasantly quieter than i expected, only went to BJ's for a couple of drinks in the evenings.. the beach was nice and clean and the water perfect for our 5 yrd old non swimmer.. wasnt what I would call busy at all..
Drove up to Mao on the sunday afternoon and did the harbour tour on the boat.. we were not prep'd for nothing being open in the afternoon.. but had a pleasant walk around the city ..but had to snack in the B'King (yuk).
One of the overcast days we went to Castell (?) .. this was amusing for a couple of hours for the kids ,but the food on offer there was poor, we dont really buy loads of souvenirs so the shops wernt really for us so back to the Pool.. Next day on recomendation we headed south to Galdana. This was a dissapointment as the beach had a real feeling of being man made, it seemed too built up too close to the waters edge and seemed over managed.. however it started to rain so we had an excuse to leave.. On the way out of town it started to clear up and we chanced apon Mitjana beach... this was a really great looking beach, if you going take provisions as there is no bars shops etc here...
Next destination was the Waterpark in Calan Bosch.. this we had been advised would be better suited to our older children.. this was €66 to get in the Park and then €3 per lounger (18 per adult 10 for the kids). the weather did loom a little grey for a while and it got a lille cooler, the park only had a max of 30-40 people inthere so we could use the slides ect without waiting. nice park but i could see it getting packed..We did another couple of days in Son Parc and some on Son Bou beach , which my children voted as thier favourite.. parking was close to the beach, there are some bars/shacks at regular intervals off the beach to keep you refreshed. Most of our evening meals were at the Villa apart from a couple of times out in Fornells.. would like to have eaten out more.
We enjoyed spending time at the villa and using the pool.. the villa was cleaned every 4 days and the pool-each morning..cant fault them for the service.. we had an excellent 2 weeks.. would i go back.. probably , but there are plenty of other places to see.

ladyrose

Re: Son Parc with Villa Plus

Post by ladyrose » June 12th, 2011, 8:31 am

Excellent report well done. :grin:
Shame about the weather though. :sad:

carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by carben » June 12th, 2011, 8:28 pm

A good review,Simplex! :finga: Glad you enjoyed your holiday even though the weather wasn't at it's best!

angela42

Post by angela42 » June 8th, 2012, 6:00 pm

love your review. we have booked a villa plus holiday in son pac this summer. been to menorca a few times and love it but never staye din a villa. any tips about the villa would be good thanks.

simplex

Post by simplex » June 9th, 2012, 12:43 pm

Hi
Tips about the villas..... nothing really as its all there.. everything you need is provided.. just rock up and enjoy your holiday ...we got them to provide a few provisions to start us off.. but as the big supermarkets are on the way you may not need this .. depends in what state you arrive really.
Villa Plus staff were cool... helpful when required ..cant fault their service and the villa was fantastic and location remote and beautiful. the TV doent work in the evenings so take some dvds if thats your thing..Use the safe to stash your valubles when your out.. cleaners are thorough, ask them if you need changes of towels or bedding.. dont leave food out or ants will find it...get some mossy repelent burner things for evenings on the patio...

forget work, spend time getting your know your family and enjoy it.. its over too quick

SusieH

Post by SusieH » June 9th, 2012, 6:50 pm

Don't forget that with a villa holiday the only thing they don't supply are your beach towels - unless of course Villa Plus are different :???: but every villa we've stayed in you take your own beach towels. :lol:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

angela42

Post by angela42 » June 9th, 2012, 8:14 pm

thats great to hear we can't wait as we love menorca and last year had a look at the villa for this year from the outside it looked good. as we arrive late think we will order a food package to see us through until saturday big shop. thanks for replying so fast. :grin:

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by JanSchofield » June 9th, 2012, 8:26 pm

really enjoyed reading that review.....glad you had a nice time :razz:
Feels good to be home :ele: :ele: