Hi guys, newbie with fishing Q

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Son Parc resort.
kevo66

Hi guys, newbie with fishing Q

Post by kevo66 » August 3rd, 2011, 12:09 pm

Great forum, has a good read but cant see any specifics on fishing the beach (from rocky outcrop) in Son Parc.

Is it allowed? Any other good spots to fish? Never been before so an easy to follow guide to any hotspots would be great.

Also, I am aware I need a licence for this, is there anywhere in Son Parc I can buy one?

Cheers guys :barmy:

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi guys, newbie with fishing Q

Post by Slartibartfast » August 3rd, 2011, 7:42 pm

Hi and welcome to MenorcaTalk. Fishing, there are a few older posts on the subject specifically by one of our members Noggerwood. Try searching the forum using fishing as the key word and noggerwood in the author box.

I doubt fishing from the beaches will be allowed on safety grounds but from the rocks will not be a problem....... Licence? technically you do need one, but the only place you can get one is from the Council offices in Malbuger, Mahon. As has been said many times before. Your chance of being asked for one is very slim and as a tourist I would personally plead ignorance.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

kevo66

Post by kevo66 » August 3rd, 2011, 9:30 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Hi and welcome to MenorcaTalk. Fishing, there are a few older posts on the subject specifically by one of our members Noggerwood. Try searching the forum using fishing as the key word and noggerwood in the author box.

I doubt fishing from the beaches will be allowed on safety grounds but from the rocks will not be a problem....... Licence? technically you do need one, but the only place you can get one is from the Council offices in Malbuger, Mahon. As has been said many times before. Your chance of being asked for one is very slim and as a tourist I would personally plead ignorance.
Hi Steve, many thanks for that. Will search out Noggerwood. :cool:

kevo66

Post by kevo66 » August 5th, 2011, 3:00 pm

Anyone else got any tips for where to fish in Son Parc?

Bought myself a few lures and some wire trace in case I manage to locate any Barracuda. Other than that it will be bread with light tackle for some sport! :grin:

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » August 5th, 2011, 6:32 pm

I have all the tackle and have been going to start fishing for the last 4 years :???: [It's on my to-do list] We used to bump into a guy on his way home from fishing most evenings, the conversation each day went something like this ...

"How's the fishing been tonight" - "Poor"
" Did you catch anything?" - " No"

A considerable time late [Months] ....

Same conversation, same answer :lol: then I asked "What do you use as bait" - "Don't use bait I spin for them" When I asked him if he every thought of trying a different method, his answer was...

No its personal now, I WILL catch the blighter's or die trying :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I guess that Spinning is not the best way.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

kevo66

Post by kevo66 » August 6th, 2011, 8:56 am

I used to fish every weekend here in the UK, then I met the mrs and got busy with DIY.... Need to re kindle the spark for it though and what better place than sunny Menorca!!

Ah... I think you may be right on the spinning then!! I will pack the spinners and plugs on the off chance but stick with the bread I think for the shoaling fish! I think me and the mrs brother are going to get a dinghy so we may be able to track the fish down off shore somewhere. :mrgreen: