Resort and Villa dilemma - struggling with this

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Son Parc resort.
Susan19
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: Resort and Villa dilemma - struggling with this

Post by Susan19 » April 12th, 2014, 2:52 pm

Apologies Jetski I have only just seen this, as I think I messed up my email notifications. :oops:

Only got flights booked so far, but we have wandered away from Son Parc for the family holiday due to the age profile of our group and are looking at Binibeca and Galdana if/when an find a suitable spec villa at the right price.

However hubby and I are trying to fit in an extra week just for us and Son Parc is high on the list, (with Addaya runner up). It seems ideal for the two of us as we like it really quite and the villas off peak are a great price, you get so much for your money, so your information is very welcome, so thank you. Love the idea of a villa in pinewoods, close proximity to Mahon and having all the Fornells fish restaurants round the corner.

Been looking at flights this morning, and we will have a car. Minorca twice in one year would be brilliant. :smile:
S'algar : summer 2003
Cala Galdana : summer 2010
Cala Galdana : summer 2014
? ? ? ? : summer 2015

menorcajt

Post by menorcajt » April 16th, 2014, 1:37 pm

Fully endorse jetski's comments.

Son Parc is a hidden gem and that is part of the attraction. No high-rise, quiet and with delughtful pine wood surrounds. A short but stunning walk over the cliffs takes you to Arenal - a great horse-shoe beach with a number of restaraunts to sample ( Venecia ) is our favourite. Just before the entrance to Son Parc is Sa Barraca - possibly the best suckling pig I've ever tired. And then a short trip to Na Macaret gives you Acuario - our favourite eatery on the island.

With two supermarkets adequately stocking the essentials ( we tend to go to Mercadal / Allaior for the main shop ) you don't have to go far. True, AI has left some of the local trade struggling, however if you are good enough ( Pinomar, Tot's, Anna's, BJ's, Bon Cafe ) you will attract the clients. Hopefully the proposed 5* Hotel and golfing facility will be the catalyst for greater things... but not too great, the tranquility is the jewel.

Our family have been going to Menorca since 1984... a lot has changed and there are some splendid places - however in relation to peace and quiet, we return to Son Parc for just that. :zzzzz: :zzzzz: :zzzzz:

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » April 16th, 2014, 8:41 pm

Don't hold your breath the "proposed 5* Hotel and golfing facility" has been on the books for 10 years now .....
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Susan19
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Susan19 » April 16th, 2014, 10:39 pm

Lol we will be able to cope without a 5* and a golfing facility, if we go there. I tend to go on what I know is at a place rather than what is proposed. My family first bought property in Spain in 1974 so I have a feel for the pace of things.
S'algar : summer 2003
Cala Galdana : summer 2010
Cala Galdana : summer 2014
? ? ? ? : summer 2015