Taxi costs

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Arenal d'en Castell, Na Macaret, Coves Noves and Port Addaya resort area.
BluebellWoods
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Re: Taxi costs

Post by BluebellWoods » August 29th, 2016, 11:14 am

We had a lovely time. , so so pleased we hired a car whilst the harbour at Port Addidia was lovely there is little else to do / look at.
We had lovely tapas at the village cafe but found fornells and loved it so ate there a couple of times , while hubby and kids went to the gym in Mao I exerted myself reading at the beach in Ardenel .
Visited Citudellia and really enjoyed wandering with stops for drinks.

We used Island cars and it was very easy and driving fine .

We were really bothered by tiny ants in the villa we stayed at mainly in the bedrooms and bathrooms so spent more time then we would have liked blitzing them , not good after you have been out and find an ant party happening in kids room :shock:

This forum has always been so helpful so a huge thank you and who knows maybe Fornells next year :grin:

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » August 30th, 2016, 9:31 am

Ants in Menorca at this time of year are a really big problem :rolleyes:
Most people spray around the villa circumference.
Really important not to leave any food around.

I remember many years ago coming on holiday to Menorca and, was aware very quickly how bad the problem can be.
One of the kids got up in the night to get themselves a drink and brought a can of coke back to bed.

I NEVER SAW SO MANY ANTS IN MY LIFE. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BluebellWoods
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by BluebellWoods » August 30th, 2016, 6:28 pm

I could understand if food was left but it was the marching columns in the bedrooms and bathrooms , no food there , we used spray , looked for nests outside but couldn't locate so just had to wash walls / sweep floors at least twice a day. I could understand if they were attempting to get to food in the kitchen / patio but no :???:

Already looking at Fornells welcome any suggestions for villa hire :grin: