Review of Arenal this year

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Arenal d'en Castell, Na Macaret, Coves Noves and Port Addaya resort area.
chrisandclare
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Review of Arenal this year

Post by chrisandclare » July 25th, 2016, 7:59 am

Well been back a couple of weeks and missing menorca so much already we are trying to find some flights for another trip in September! Here's hoping.
Well I sat and tried to work out how many times I have been to arenal and it's about 15 so we clearly love it. Firstly as a kid with my parents and now coming back with my own wife and child. We normally stay in coata arenal but this year came with all the family and we're lucky to have 2 stunning villas in punta grosa for 2 weeks. Easyjet flights both ways were bang on time and everything you need for the price. Car hire again from roger and Sue and poppy cars was as always great value and easy and convenient . The weather was almost perfect the 2 Weeks we were there. Spent last ta of time in the pools at villas and also down on the super beach. Not so many jelly fish this time last September we saw quite a few but only a couple whilst snorkelling this time. Had a few days out in Mahon and cuitadella and at Castillo (Lladro factory) which is amazing when you have a child.
Ate at all our favourites in arenal, Romanis, good bridge, El mirador all good as ever and best as usual copas (red restraunt) on the beach. We also had a drink at the old mi pizza in punts grossa which was always busy and pizzas looked great but we didn't get a chance to eat there. Lots of locals use it which is always a good sign. Had takeaway pizzas from flamingo in coves noves which was nice and a couple of Indians in port addia which we love. This year some of the supermarkets in the resort have been taken over from spar and have new bakery sections which are a nice additions. the old Romani 2 supermarket next to Costa arenal now has a cafe area outside where the first nflatables used to be which seemed popular but as not staying that side this time we didn't try.
The resort was very busy this year compared to end of June early July in recent years which was great to see for the locals. The all inclusive hotels looked busy too when passing.
Now just to find some flights for September so we don't have to wait for another year!

ladyrose

Re: Review of Arenal this year

Post by ladyrose » July 25th, 2016, 9:16 am

Well done excellent report :grin: :grin: :grin:

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » July 25th, 2016, 10:49 am

Thanks for the taking the time to report and also an excellent report. All the best with getting September flights. :finga:

Alan
:cool:
:supz: :dream: :c9: :finga:

ROLL ON 2021, perhaps.

chrisandclare
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by chrisandclare » July 26th, 2016, 7:40 am

Thanks rose and Alan