Isla Del Aire Apartments June/ July 2014

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Punta and Biniancola/Songanxo area.
Congruence
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Isla Del Aire Apartments June/ July 2014

Post by Congruence » July 7th, 2014, 9:29 am

The Following is a review that I posted on Trip Advisor yesterday (6 July 2014), hopefully of use/ interest to users/ visitors of this great site/ forum:

Great Time Had

We returned yesterday (5 July 2014) after a 2 week holiday to these lovely apartments. There was 4 of us (Oldest aged 69, youngest aged 11) in a 2 b/r apt, of which was a very good size overall. All the apartments are adjacent both the children, and other pool area, of which was cleaned very well, daily. Plenty of sunbeds available early morning, and always a few free later in the day. I would also add that the current photos available of this complex on various travel sites do not do it justice.

This was our third visit to Punta Prima, and our first visit to Isla Del Aire, and an all-inclusive holiday. Punta Prima is a lovely relaxing resort with a beautiful beach- 5-7 min walk from apts. The sea can be quite choppy some days, but great fun if you like jumping the waves etc. Safe -guards around to advise/ prohibit swimming- flag colour denotes current safety. 2 Sunbeds and a parasol can be hired for the day- 15e.

Mahon around 20mins by bus for 1.70e. Bus stop only mins walk from these apts.

When we were on holiday, there was a number of persons stating that they were not happy about the standard of food being served. Personally, we were happy overall with what was being dished up, and the choice available, although the choice for a vegetarian is pretty much limited. Snacks for children also appeared limited during the day, and what is/ isn't available could be better advertised- if you didn't ask you didn't get!

There are a few 'younger' members of staff here, and we felt that they could do with a bit more support, and direction from those more experienced- they did look pretty stressed out at times, however they all did a great job, and were all friendly.

Our room was very well looked after daily by very hard-working cleaning staff, and I applaud their diligence- well done!

Bar service was always speedy, and all-incl drinks available were great- beer/ other drinks served in smaller plastic cups, but if you ask for glass/ larger drinking vessel then staff will duly oblige, if one is available- on occasions they were all being used. No issue here though for us.

Wi-fi not cheap here (compared to other places we have stayed @ in Spain) esp. given that you can only purchase for one device @ a time.

We also noticed that while we were here on holiday that improvements were being made for holiday-makers with mobility difficulties- well done to Isla for that. Worth noting that you can get around here without using any steps/ stairs.

We personally had a wonderful holiday, no complaints, only suggestions that we feel may help Isla to evolve. Would definitely recommend staying here.

:grin:
Hate is Fear

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Isla Del Aire Apartments June/ July 2014

Post by Slartibartfast » July 7th, 2014, 4:36 pm

Thanks for a good report, hopefully it will help others considering staying here.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

thetaz
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by thetaz » July 8th, 2014, 10:11 am

We have stayed at the Isla Del Aire apartments for the past two years and really love it. Its not the most refined of palces but the setting is great, the staff always willing to help, and most peopel seem to around with a smile on their face. We aren't staying this year, and your report brought back some lovely memories.

I really like Punta Prima, it's a real seaside resort, and is easy to get to from the airprot. I was fortunate to be their earlier this year and will poping over again in September. Can't wait

A great report, many thanks for the happt memories

Congruence
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by Congruence » July 8th, 2014, 2:46 pm

Thank you for your kind comments.

Yes, lots of smiling faces in Isla. Previously been to resort twice, and stayed in the Xaloc, however the absence of air-conditioning, and wanting to try all-incl brought us to Isla. Have now heard that Xaloc has installed a/c in some it's rooms so that is good, but will have to go some way to beat the fantastic a/c in Isla.

Will def return to Punta Prima in the future.
Hate is Fear