Any info on Punta Prima !!!!

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Punta and Biniancola/Songanxo area.
Sandy38
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Any info on Punta Prima !!!!

Post by Sandy38 » July 13th, 2014, 9:13 pm

After many years of going to Calan Forcat/Blanes . This year late booking :oops: we are going to Punta Prima. I always love hearing all the reviews from CNF and the conversations. Now we have decided to go to PP,
how disappointing that this thread doesn't seem to have the same up to date info for newbies. I realise that this resort is very different. Hopefully CNF will be buzzing as there was not a villa available in the resort. Fab news for the resort bad news for me.

Please update me with any little tips looking forward to seeing another part of Menorca :rock:

Sandy
I just love holidays

LinH
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: Any info on Punta Prima !!!!

Post by LinH » July 13th, 2014, 9:37 pm

Hi Sandy, I'm sure you'll love Punta Prima just as much as Cala n Forcat, we do even though they are very different. Punta Prima is a pretty small resort with a few restaurants and shops, but enough to keep you happy I would think. There is a lovely beach which has lifeguards on as sometimes it's not safe to go in the sea due to the currents. There is a regular bus service to Mahon but it does get pretty busy so get to the bus stop early. There is a coastal walk from Punta Prima to S'Algar which begins by the Insotel Club- we tried to follow it on our first visit to Punta Prima a good few years ago but got hopelessly lost and ended up flagging down a transfer bus and asking for a lift! Don't know if you are travelling with children but there is a play park which is pretty good and also you can use the splash pool and the crazy golf at the Pueblo Barceló hotel (or you could last time we went). Hope you have a great holiday, we've not been to Punta Prima for a few years but I'm sure it's still a lovely chilled our place to relax.

Sandy38
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Sandy38 » July 13th, 2014, 9:45 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I am sure we will have a good time . our holidays in Menorca are always great. No little ones unfortunately just a 15 year old which is why we are going to Insotel, but we will be eating out too. In all the years of going to Menorca we have never visited Mahon so looking forward to that.

Thanks again
I just love holidays

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » July 14th, 2014, 9:24 am

Hiya

I believe you can also catch the little land-train thingy from Punta Prima to Binibeca, which is also worth a visit. There's a gorgeous little beach there, backed with pine trees, and an ace beach bar right next to the sea. Binibeca itself is a little whitewashed fisherman's village style place, which is worth a look.

Personally, I find that end of the island much more picturesque than the more built-up Calan Forcat end, hopefully you'll agree!

Sue :cool:

ps It's also worth seeing if you can plan a trip to Es Castell while you're there. It's a beautiful little town with a pedestrianised harbour area with bars and restaurants, and a nightly craft market throughout the summer. The Fiesta's on at the end of this month too.

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » July 14th, 2014, 9:44 am

Punta Prima is a lovely small resort with around 8 to 10 bar/restaurants, 3 largish hotels, a couple of apartment complexes and lots of private villas, two supermarkets, a pharmacy and a couple of gift shops .

It has a lovely beach but as already stated when the wind is blowing from the south east it does suffer from very strong currents and the red flag will be flying.

The walk along the coast to Alcaufar and S'Algar is flat and mostly easy going, we do it with our pup often, but don't get as far as S'Algar but at least get to Cala Riog for a swim, if not Alcaufar.

You can also walk the other way towards Biniancolla/Son Ganxo [15-20mins] follow the sign 'Mirador' at the west/right of the beach, just before you get wet feet follow the road then path west along the shore line.

There is a regular bus service to Sant Lluis and into Mahon and if you've never been to Mahon you'll need to do a little homework so you don't walk around aimlessly :lol: There is also a land train which runs between Punta Prima and Binibequer following the coast for a change of beach and scenery.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Sandy38
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Sandy38 » July 14th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Thanks everyone for the info this is great really looking forward to seeing this area. I will now try to do my home work on Mahon thanks Steve

I know we will have a great time. I love Menorca, wish it was near Son Bou to try out Mrs Browns sound great !

Sandy
I just love holidays