holiday

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Punta and Biniancola/Songanxo area.
sandrat
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

holiday

Post by sandrat » October 12th, 2015, 7:29 pm

Stayed end of July on our first independent holiday. Villa was with Finishing touch who were excellent and one of the few villa companies who do 10night stays and 2mins walk to beach and restaurants, but very quiet location. Car hire with Rentacarsalgar, brilliant would definitely use again as we would finishing touch
As most people have said who visited at this time it was extremely hot, so much that sitting on patio of a night was akin to a steam room. In bed by 10 on the first 6 nights as totally drained.
Thought the restaurants in punta prima were all a bit samey with Cass fermin probably the best overall. Nice meals at Smugglers in Binibeca and a wonderful meal and visit to binifadet winery. Fort Marlboro was also good for a few hours but was blown away by Cala San estevan, absolutely stunning and nice to see the locals stood in the calm waters having a drink and chatting. My sort of place.
Not much else to report as we just relaxed and withered in the heat, but enjoyed the island again. And after 9 years of beach resorts in menorca we've booked to stay in Mahon for next year, so looking forward to sampling the local fare

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: holiday

Post by Sunseaker » October 13th, 2015, 10:50 am

Sounds like you had a great time, we often used to take our dog Sally down to Cala Estaban for a walk and a swim in the hight of summer as she wasn't allowed on the beaches during the summer months :razz:
I only let him think he's in charge.

SusieH

Post by SusieH » October 13th, 2015, 7:02 pm

I think that's where we sometimes used to drive to and I remember walking round beside the sea and there were chickens roaming about :lol: :lol:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

RubiAnne
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by RubiAnne » October 14th, 2015, 12:39 pm

Nice report.

Yes, like you we are thinking of staying in or very near to Mahon next time we go.