Splash Park

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Punta and Biniancola/Songanxo area.
Santo T.fan
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Splash Park

Post by Santo T.fan » May 26th, 2016, 9:43 pm

On another forum I visit there has been some confusion about whether the splash park is open to non residents of the hotel - the understanding was that last season people could pay to go in but one person at least has tried so far this season and been told "No" .

If there ARE any periods when non residents can pay to go in it would be nice to know ( as well as how much the entry fees are)

bini-lizard
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Splash Park

Post by bini-lizard » May 26th, 2016, 10:19 pm

This doesn't answer your question but we were told last year that it's much cheaper if you go after 3.00pm, like almost half as much! If it is open to others that'll be when we go!

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » May 27th, 2016, 3:04 am

Hi, and although I don't know this area very well, does this link relate to your post:-

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractio ... lands.html

If you read the TripAdvisor reviews, there are prices being quoted, but don't see any reduction after 3.00pm in the afternoon. Also some comments have been made, that it is meant for young children, and another review has stated that it is sea water and not fresh water..

Enjoy the experience anyway. :finga:

Alan
:cool:

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Shuggie » May 27th, 2016, 7:46 am

The park is open to everyone. It is much cheaper in the afternoon and it is salt water, which is a real shock to the system if you're not expecting it. It's good for everyone, young and old. i took my teenage boys last year and going in the afternoon is more than adequate to satisfy them.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Santo T.fan
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Santo T.fan » May 27th, 2016, 8:08 pm

Yes, it is TripAdvisor but somebody has posted up this week complaining that it ISN'T open to non residents this season and I was wondering if anybody who has either used it as a non resident this year or who is local enough to drop by and ask can say what the current state of play is.

LinH
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by LinH » May 28th, 2016, 8:51 am

Think there maybe some confusion here. The post on trip advisor relates to the small splash park at the Pueblo Barcelo hotel not the one at the other big hotel on the outskirts that i cannot think of the name of right now.

Santo T.fan
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Santo T.fan » May 28th, 2016, 9:40 am

Ah, that may be the answer - all I know is that someone tried to take their children to what they thought was the one with pay to use facilities and got very upset when told "No"

LinH
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by LinH » May 28th, 2016, 12:31 pm

Yes that will be the Pueblo Barcello. We used it last time we stayed in Punta Prima (a good few years ago) and you could use the splash park for free if you bought a drink at the pool bar. You could also pay to use the crazy golf which was popular with my children. Sadly it seems this is no longer the case.

thetaz
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by thetaz » May 31st, 2016, 12:18 pm

The larger water park is about 10/15 minute walk on the outskirts of Punta Prima at the Sur Menorca Hotel, and is open to non-residents.

emmajaynew
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by emmajaynew » June 3rd, 2016, 3:45 pm

I would email the hotel and ask them direct...have a good holiday anyway :grin: