(Ca'n) Santi opening a 2nd restaurant

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Punta and Biniancola/Songanxo area.
bini-lizard
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

(Ca'n) Santi opening a 2nd restaurant

Post by bini-lizard » October 23rd, 2016, 5:08 pm

We were on the island to winterise our place for all of about 48hrs this weekend. We always head to Santi's in Punta Prima at least once each trip for a warm welcome and good food in both quality and volume, I know plenty of other Brits who do the same but I don't know if they use this forum.

Santi was asking if we were over in the winter as on Tuesday this week he is getting the keys for La Bolla in Sant Lluis. He'a taking it over and will be opening all year round serving similar food to his existing site in PP.

We're chuffed as if it is as good as his PP restaurant then we know where we're heading in February! Santi on the other hand is a bit worried so I said I'd try and spread the word. It's on the main street (not the by-pass people usually down) near the church. I'll report back when we try it :toasting: :tonqe:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: (Ca'n) Santi opening a 2nd restaurant

Post by Sunseaker » October 24th, 2016, 2:04 pm

If it's the one I'm thinking off we went a few years ago, it was then run (if it's the same one) by two men who used to work at D and P's in Cala Torret many years ago, we haven't eaten at Santi's in Punta Prima for years and years but if it's good food at a reasonable price I am sure it will do well.
I only let him think he's in charge.

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: (Ca'n) Santi opening a 2nd restaurant

Post by Sue Adderley » October 25th, 2016, 5:34 pm

If La Bolla is the place that's currently a bit of a sport's bar with tapas along the counter, then I daresay we'll be popping in during the Christmas hols (providing it's open like it usually is). We've been there a few times for tapas (and beers), and it's always been a welcoming, no-frills kind of place.

We love Sant Lluis, especially 'out of season,' as all the locals seem so friendly and it's nice to experience the authentic Menorcan way of life, if that makes sense!

Sue :partyman: