Bars and restaurants

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Punta and Biniancola/Songanxo area.
mthompson1875
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Bars and restaurants

Post by mthompson1875 » November 27th, 2016, 8:33 pm

Heading for Punta Prima for the first time next Summer and will be 'self catering' so try to figure out how many bars/restaurants we will have to choose from in resort. Are there any drinks only type bars (TA mentions the Anchor) or is it a case of going to a restaurant for a beer?

bini-lizard
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Bars and restaurants

Post by bini-lizard » November 28th, 2016, 12:00 pm

I've heard a rumour that The Anchor has closed down but that could be wrong and of course it could open again running with different owners.

I'm not sure there are any bars as such, (not sure what the place on the beach side of the main drag does). We often go to PP to eat, it's a bit cheaper than where our house is in Binibeca we think and we've just found we really like a few places. I'm sure there's enough there for a holiday.

We like Santi's, good food, loads of it, well priced. We also like Manolos for similar reasons but in terms of eateries I reckon PP is good!

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bars and restaurants

Post by Slartibartfast » November 28th, 2016, 2:15 pm

As said there is a good selection of restaurants in Punta Prima, plus the Xaloc hotel served very good and value for money lunches plus you could pay for their evening meals which was also very good value, note, its been a while since we ate at the Xaloc so may have changed. The only 'Bar' that I know of is/was the Anchor which may or may not be open next year.

You also have a land train which goes to Biniancola, a couple of restaurants there, CalaTorret, more restaurants and Pedros bar, plus a bar in the harbour area and then goes onto Binibequer Vell, more restaurants and bars.

One member noted that it was cheaper to get a taxi than the Land Train from Punta Prima to Cala Torret/Binibequer if there was four of you, so it will be worth while checking on this when you're there.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)