Calas Fonts Recommended new restaurant

Accommodation & Restaurant info Mahon, Es Castell, Cala Mesquida and Es Grau.
Peterpjh
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: Calas Fonts Recommended new restaurant

Post by Peterpjh » May 1st, 2011, 8:26 pm

So sad we are staying @ escastel /cala fons prices need to be more compeitive this year

Lord Elpus

Post by Lord Elpus » May 2nd, 2011, 3:23 pm

Delighted to report that Scandals started doing food again from yesterday. We've booked a table for later this week so fingers crossed it will be as good as it used to be.

A lot of the bars/restaurants in Mahon have either reduced their prices or kept them the same as last year. Unfortunately most of the bars/restaurants in Es Castell have put their prices up, albeit not by a lot!

harrywilletts

Post by harrywilletts » June 7th, 2012, 5:53 pm

seanog5 wrote:This is my brothers restaurant (Antony, hostess is Laura), glad that you liked it seanyd6bg, its very warming to know that people really like his food.

I am going to visit at the end of this week. I havent been over to menorca for a year and i havent seen his new restaurant. I cant wait, i just hope the weather is sunny and a bit warm! otherwise the girlfriend will moan haha!

Hopefully will be getting a website up for the restaurant in the next couple of months and spread the word a bit more.

Regards

Sean

Hi Sean,

Visited Port Antico a couple of years back over the summer. Loved it. Was wondering if you could contact your brother and ask him what his recipe was for the steak fillet tornados with black pudding. Could not stop going back to have that dish. Can't quiet remember what else was in the dish but would love to recreate it.

Thanks

Harry Willetts

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » June 8th, 2012, 2:43 pm

Sorry but I don't know whether you will get a reply, this member has not visited the site since summer 2009, and Port Antico closed at the end of the summer 2010 I think, the lovely couple who ran it returned to the UK.
I only let him think he's in charge.

seanog5

Post by seanog5 » June 9th, 2012, 10:22 pm

Hi Harry / Sunseaker,

Antony and Laura returned to the UK with their two children back in December 2010.

It is nice to come back on here and read up comments about peoples experiences there.

If any of you are back in the UK from July they will be serving excellent food in a new venture they have taken on. Just between Manchester and Liverpool.

The Travellers Rest
443 Newton Road
Lowton
Warrington
Cheshire
WA3 1NZ

please drop me an email or PM for more info and i can certainly put you in touch with them.

if you do a search on google you will find the old website, this menu etc is nothing to do with Antony and Laura and a new one shall be up in the next few months.

regards

Sean

Grumps
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Grumps » June 10th, 2012, 8:37 am

Remember that PUB many many years ago Johnny ????? had it ....he was an ex rugby player If I remember rightly and he then took the Hawthorn Pub on Orford Lane Warrington :spazzies:
The more you rush through life the sooner you get to the end of it

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by JanSchofield » June 10th, 2012, 12:25 pm

I've been in a carvery near Newton Road, on the A580. Have a friend in Lowton. It was ages ago though and I can't remember the name.... :razz:
Feels good to be home :ele: :ele:

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » June 10th, 2012, 4:31 pm

You'll have to call in again and ask directions to the 'Port Antico' :lol:
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by JanSchofield » June 10th, 2012, 6:03 pm

:roll: why? I already know where it WAS..!!! WAS being the operative word :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Feels good to be home :ele: :ele:

ejjdp
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by ejjdp » June 10th, 2012, 8:16 pm

Know it well, haven't been there for years When I had to Work in Newton-le Willows we would often go there for lunch. I think I can feel a visit coming on