Es Castell hotel

Accommodation & Restaurant info Mahon, Es Castell, Cala Mesquida and Es Grau.
Tigipaul
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Es Castell hotel

Post by Tigipaul » May 27th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Hello all
Well I didn't think I would need any advice on one of our favourite hotels Hotel Agamemnon in EsCastell but have just been informed that there is building work taking place next door to the hotel !!! .
So is there anyone there or nearby that could take a look and let me know what is going on and which side ( near pool side ).. before I ask the hotels opinion
We will be there early July ..

Many thanks
Paul

SusieH

Re: Es Castell hotel

Post by SusieH » May 28th, 2019, 6:53 pm

Hopefully someone may know :???:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

cassie99
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by cassie99 » May 28th, 2019, 8:29 pm

There is a thread on this somewhere. Apparently it's pretty bad. It's the big block of flats opposite the hotel, they are taking all the balconies down and the dust and noise is pretty bad apparently.

Madcat
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by Madcat » May 28th, 2019, 9:20 pm

The work is poolside and involves the removal of balconies and plaster from the walls. At present that side of the building is covered in scaffolding. It is noisy and dusty. It is anticipated that the work will not be completed until November. So if you are holidaying in July it may have an impact on your stay.

Tigipaul
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Tigipaul » May 29th, 2019, 8:40 am

Ever had that sinking gut feeling!!
Thank you cassie and madcat for your replies, yes I know the building close to the hotel pool side and there are several items on TripAdvisor now!!..
Paul😬

Shuggie
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by Shuggie » May 29th, 2019, 9:01 am

If it’s any consolation.....during the months of July and August work will stop as they won’t be granted a licence to do anything that makes noise, dust, dirt.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Tigipaul
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Tigipaul » May 29th, 2019, 9:41 am

Hello Shuggie
Thanks for that , are you sure as hotel has just mailed us and said they have licence to work up until 13.30 and then stop
Is it because it's a residential building ?? .
Very concerned
Paul.

Shuggie
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by Shuggie » May 29th, 2019, 1:30 pm

I’m in the area on Friday and have a friend who lives very close by, I’ll ask him what’s going on.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Tigipaul
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Tigipaul » May 29th, 2019, 3:46 pm

Shuggie, many thanks.
But from what I have been told the yellow / orange apartment block nearest the pool is having the balconies and external render finish gunned off and I am thinking laying round a pool near that is not my cup of tea!!, having been in the building trade all my life I can imagine what it could be like..
But bearing in mind we are not arriving until July, possibly the heavy stuff will be finished.

Many thanks
Paul

TrentEnd
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by TrentEnd » May 30th, 2019, 8:59 am

It doesn't look very elegant at the moment but we were talking to a neighbour who had a friend staying there last week and it didn't bother them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.