Es Castell hotel

Accommodation & Restaurant info Mahon, Es Castell, Cala Mesquida and Es Grau.
Tigipaul
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Es Castell hotel

Post by Tigipaul » May 30th, 2019, 10:00 am

Many thanks for the photo, yes it's as I thought it would look.. Not Elegant by any means I hope the builders have secured the scaffolding into the building!!
We are awaiting a call from Tui at the moment ,......... I'm glad your friends found it not to be much bother to them.
Such a nice hotel to us in the past and usually peaceful!!
Many thanks once again
Paul

the mad buyer
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by the mad buyer » May 30th, 2019, 6:46 pm

Do you spend all day at the hotel ?
Stories are like fairy gold, the more you give away, the more you have

Tigipaul
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Tigipaul » May 30th, 2019, 7:31 pm

I understand exactly what your saying just discussing it with the "Boss".
The hotel and staff are lovely .the location is great for us , ,we like to go out at night for a walk usually to Cala fonts for a drink

The hotel have emailed us to say the building work has a license only to work and make noise until 13..30 so should have the afternoons for swimming etc. And I must say Tui have been very good too . offering other options
Many thanks to all who have expressed their interest too .
Will decide tomorrow morning what to do

Paul

the mad buyer
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by the mad buyer » June 1st, 2019, 9:53 pm

You’re right. It is a great location. Handy for both the fons and Mahon. The place has so much going for it. I hope whatever you do you have a great holiday.

Marysal
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Marysal » June 1st, 2019, 10:24 pm

I have had a look don’t worry as the Hotel will always look after guests enjoy😎😎😎

Tigipaul
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Tigipaul » June 2nd, 2019, 8:20 am

Well we had a long discussion and looked at various options of other hotels available for the same date and it became clear the Agamenon has everything we love to do on a holiday .
So we will be at Agamenon once again , it has to be said that it's a good recomendation that even with work going on next door both us and others still want to return regardless ! . Perhaps a free bottle of wine as a loyalty gesture to all guests would be a further good customer relations !.
Paul
😁

bigyellowcroc
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by bigyellowcroc » June 2nd, 2019, 7:05 pm

I would have thought it the perfect opportunity to try the Artiem Carlos iii.
within half a mile for peace and quiet.
As for the building works , last year we were in Javea ,the local council permitted all building works to continue in July and August , it seems to be the new trend that building works take precident over tourists.
I will put a €1 on the work continuing after the siesta period :cry:

That photo speaks a thousand words ......... including ' don't even think about it '.

Having endured this sort of thing without warning last year , I would absolutely advise a change of location.

Ian

the mad buyer
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by the mad buyer » June 2nd, 2019, 10:38 pm

I’m out soon. I’ll make a point of seeing what it’s like. I suppose, if you look at it the other way, the building work may need to be done as quickly as possible for the people who are resident in the building and they must feel that they should take priority over tourists.

the mad buyer
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by the mad buyer » June 16th, 2019, 8:09 pm

We didn’t hear any work noise when we went past several times. The building isn’t very pretty with the scaffolding and sheets but no noise whatsoever.
Similar type of thing happening near the Hamilton Hotel with the new walk way being built underneath it, causing quite a bit of disruption to some restaurants and of course the hotel.

Tigipaul
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Tigipaul » June 16th, 2019, 10:05 pm

Hello Mad buyer
Thanks for having a look at the Agamenon when you went past, that's encouraging about the noise , did you go past in the afternoons though as the work is supposed to stop at 13.30!! Well the noisy concrete breaking part.
We are still going there and sure the hotel will hopefully do erverything they can to make everyones holiday a good one.

Have noticed also a couple of reviews on TripAdvisor have not mentioned about any disturbance at all.... Strange!!
Many thanks
Paul .