Parking charges in Mahon

Accommodation & Restaurant info Mahon, Es Castell, Cala Mesquida and Es Grau.
BonnieBon
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Parking charges in Mahon

Post by BonnieBon » June 6th, 2019, 3:40 pm

Hello,

I'm in Es Castell and have noticed that there is now a charge for parking in the harbour in Mahon. Obviously not in the harbour itself, but the road along it!

However, the machine doesn't tell me how much it is.

Can any kind person enlighten me?

Thanks,

BB

Shuggie
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Re: Parking charges in Mahon

Post by Shuggie » June 6th, 2019, 5:46 pm

It depends on what colour zone you are parked in. Three different colour zones and three different coloured buttons on the machine which corresponds to the bay you are in.........very confusing and easy to totally mess it up and get a fine. Wardens are on the prowl all the time.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

BonnieBon
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by BonnieBon » June 6th, 2019, 6:53 pm

Thanks.
Are the colours the ones surrounding the parking spaces? I've noticed blue ones which seem to be for official vehicles and white ones which seem to be all of the others!
Is there a website I can access (in English) to find out?
We just want to have lunch down there....
BB

Shuggie
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by Shuggie » June 6th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Blue ones you can park in, orange ones you can park in, can’t remember the other colour. Why don’t you park up at the top of the port by Port Mahon hotel and walk down the steps or you can get the lift which is right above the Way.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

BonnieBon
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by BonnieBon » June 7th, 2019, 8:15 am

Hi,
Normally that's a good idea but this year my husband is recovering from a knee operation so we need to park as close to where we want to be as possible, as walking is difficult for him. I'll try to work the machines down by the port office.
Thanks,
BB

Rigsby
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Rigsby » June 7th, 2019, 9:27 am

We went to Rainbow Spice last Sunday evening,was told free parking on Sundays and bank holidays etc

Maryb

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » June 7th, 2019, 3:51 pm

One year my mother-in-law needed a wheelchair (which we borrowed from Age Concern) and we dropped her off at the restaurant with someone else and we parked at the top of the port.
I only let him think he's in charge.

BonnieBon
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by BonnieBon » June 7th, 2019, 4:34 pm

Thanks both of you for the info, much appreciated.
Cheers,
BB