Cala Corb Walkway

Accommodation & Restaurant info Mahon, Es Castell, Cala Mesquida and Es Grau.
Shuggie
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Re: Cala Corb Walkway

Post by Shuggie » November 20th, 2019, 8:53 pm

No work on the walkway this week, it's been stopped. Could we be heading for another white elephant?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » November 22nd, 2019, 7:18 pm

:sad:
I only let him think he's in charge.

Tigipaul
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Tigipaul » November 22nd, 2019, 7:40 pm

Seems crazy to Stop at this late stage when it's nearly connected to Cala Corb,.
Wonder what the contractors are thinking !.
Let's hope it restarts soon. 🙄.
Paul

TrentEnd
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by TrentEnd » November 27th, 2019, 2:52 pm

Photos taken today. Credit Stokie. Looks like everything has ground to a halt, they've even taken the crane away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » November 27th, 2019, 3:53 pm

:sad:
I only let him think he's in charge.

TrentEnd
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by TrentEnd » December 24th, 2019, 7:06 pm

Progress Report.
Nothing to report.
This project was due to be completed this year but, following GOB's objections, I fear this may go the way of the Carretera General (ME-1), nowhere for years!
My understanding is that the original plan was to build it in concrete from the Hamilton to Cala Corb and build the Cala Corb part in wood, similar to Cala Fons. The change of plan to build it all in concrete seems to be where 'the wheels came off'. I wonder how long it will take them to say, OK we've now got an approximate 70 metre gap in Cala Corb which we'll go back to the original plan and finish in wood.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shuggie
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by Shuggie » January 12th, 2020, 9:31 am

Still no progress
20200111_131138.jpg
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

peterread543@bt
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by peterread543@bt » January 12th, 2020, 7:44 pm

The Menorca rag https://www.menorca.info/menorca.html gives updates on the problems the last one was from GOB. They are objecting to the concrete path due environmental concerns for the marine life.

TrentEnd
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by TrentEnd » February 11th, 2020, 4:55 pm

Progress! Workmen back on the job building the seawall before infilling with concrete. As I understand it, the Cala Corb stretch will now be completed as originally planned similar to Cala Fonts rather than continuing in concrete.

TrentEnd
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by TrentEnd » February 13th, 2020, 7:56 pm

Infilling today.