Back from our 12th visit

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the inland towns of Sant Lluis, Alayor, Mercadal, Ferrerias and anywhere else not covered above.
Dandelion
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Re: Back from our 12th visit

Post by Dandelion » August 27th, 2014, 7:10 pm

Aw, bless ya Guv'nor! :lol: It would've been so easy to slip a tortoise into my bag at the zoo, but I aint no tea leaf! (not to mention the logistics of getting it through customs). And what was it you wanted to show me? No, please, not your dvd boxset of 'Home to Roost', now you've got to admit that was an all-time low, Jack! Thanks for the tip about the tortoises, I'll keep me eyes peeled when I'm in Alcaufar in the Ford Granada :grin:
P.S. I think we should start our own Sweeney thread, it's a toss up between that and the Professionals though (lovely Lewis Collins, best Bond that never was, that Broccoli chap took an instant dislike to him at the audition) :sad:
The best way to avoid criticism is never do anything ever. Or, do what you love, have a great life and let others spend their time criticising. RICKY GERVAIS

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » August 28th, 2014, 5:39 pm

Dandelion, although this is the first year we've had them living in the garden, we've seen them several times on the road to Sa Mesquida and also on the "old scary road" that ran from Son Vitamina up to Alaior, though now that's been widened they might have all been scared off.

I can't get involved with your Sweeney stuff as I am far too young to even know what you mean, lol :dummysuck: :dummysuck: :dummysuck:

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » August 28th, 2014, 5:44 pm

Binixica in the grass land in the middle of the urbanisation you will see lots of them, when I've been walking with the dog we normally see numbers entering the teens.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » August 28th, 2014, 5:56 pm

That's where the villa we rent is Slartibartfast. Already booked it for next summer, so hopefully see more. I love them :grin:

Dandelion
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Dandelion » August 29th, 2014, 8:09 am

I adore tortoises too, Hodghegs, there's just something about them isn't there? I just love their attitude to life, somehow! We always had them as pets when I was a child (many moons ago, I'm not such a young thing as you)!! I'm about to be involved in a comedy project with a big tortoise element, so I couldn't be more thrilled! Hope you have a great time on your next visit to Menorca, and see torties galore :grin:
The best way to avoid criticism is never do anything ever. Or, do what you love, have a great life and let others spend their time criticising. RICKY GERVAIS

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » August 29th, 2014, 8:13 am

Ooh Dandelion, are you famous? Will we be seeing tortoise comedy on TV?

Dandelion
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Dandelion » August 29th, 2014, 9:12 am

Ha ha, that'd be telling! :smile: Put it this way, we're making progress (slowly, like a tortoise). Without giving too much away, it's based on a true story concerning a funny, sweet friendship and it involves a tortoise!

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » August 29th, 2014, 10:02 am

I'm intrigued. Good luck :grin:

Dandelion
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Dandelion » August 29th, 2014, 11:29 am

Thank you, it'll probably come to nothing, these things have a habit of crumbling at the last hurdle, just enjoying it for what it is. And I'm not famous, by the way! :lol: