Live Music in Sant Climent

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the inland towns of Sant Lluis, Alayor, Mercadal, Ferrerias and anywhere else not covered above.
hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Live Music in Sant Climent

Post by hodghegs » June 4th, 2016, 3:06 pm

Hi,

Can anyone confirm which night(s) there is live music in the square at Sant Climent?

We caught some great bands on Wednesday and Saturday nights last year (late July / early August)

Hope someone can help.

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Live Music in Sant Climent

Post by Sunseaker » June 14th, 2016, 6:08 pm

:???: Sorry you have not had a reply, hopefully someone will ask about it when out that way, we were only sat in the square yesterday :oops: but returned home late last night :oops:
I only let him think he's in charge.

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » June 14th, 2016, 8:41 pm

Hi Hodghegs

I believe the bands you saw were part of the summer music festival, which happens all over the island in July and August. We also saw live music on the streets of Mahon and San Lluis at the same time of year.

The festival is taking place this year, but as yet (as far as I know), a program of events hasn't been published. I contacted the new owners of the Roqueta magazine to enquire about this, as they were asking for ideas for features in future editions. However, they emailed to say that this type of event isn't usually announced by the town council until a few days before it happens. But each of the area councils has a Facebook page, so I'll keep my eyes peeled (as we also want to know when and where the performances are on), and let you know.

Sue :rock:

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » June 15th, 2016, 9:01 am

Party Love San Climent July the 28th I think. :???: