Rafalet Apartments, S'Algar

Accommodation & Restaurant info for S'Algar and Cala Alcaufar resort area.
Beverley Aye-Pe
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Rafalet Apartments, S'Algar

Post by Beverley Aye-Pe » June 10th, 2007, 11:44 pm

Hi All,
My hubby and I have a last minute chance of a holiday at Rafalet Apartments, S'Algar at the end of this month with 2 children ages 2 & 6.
The holiday is through First Choice. Excellent price but would like to know how quiet it is there really, don't want the children to be TOO bored!! Not a problem though! Checked out several pages on-line and seem to like what we see. Anyone Know of any problems with this resort. PLEASE let me know as time is running out!! Much Thanks Bev xx
On my very first holiday abroad we chose Menorca. WoW!!!!!!!

When 'WILL' my lottery numbers come rolling in????!!!!

emmajaynew
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by emmajaynew » June 11th, 2007, 8:59 pm

Hi, going to the rafalet apts on tuesday. We last went to Salgar two years ago when my daughters were 8 and 6. We have not stayed at these apts before but they are close to the pool on the sea front which for my children is ideal as they love water. No beach here but I beleive you can catch a bus from the hotel to Punta Prima, somebody else maybe able to confirm this. Last time we went there were lots of children to play with and they joined the kids club which they went to during the day. As far as I know the San Luis hotel holds regular events for kids, which mine are looking forward to. On an evening there is a free mini train which runs around the resort. If you are wanting amusements then you will be very dissapointed. Hope you get sorted out - can't wait until morning now.
Jayne
:ele:

SarahMT
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by SarahMT » June 11th, 2007, 9:47 pm

Hi Bev, We went to S'Algar to Los Naranjos Apartments which are just up the road from where you are going, and my boys were 6 & 11 at the time and they loved it, they did not get bored. I must admit we had a car so we went out each day for a few hours. We were always back and in pool by 3pm. San Lluis hotel has activities going on, and kids clubs were fine. The little train was great, my boys loved it and it is free. The reception of your apartments or the hotel will tell you where and when to get the bus. Buses from S'Algar are seemingly air conditioned and punctual, according to other people we spoke to. You can get to Mahon directly on the bus too from s'algar..
The hotels have buffet dinners and breakfasts available to anybody who purchases half board vouchers, 2 yrs ago they were 15 Euros per day per adult and half price for kids.
As the resort is all owned and run by the same company you can use any of the pools belonging to any of the apartments or hotels.
I hope this info is of use to you.
Enjoy, we did.

Sarah xxx
Dreaming of Menorca

Beverley Aye-Pe
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Rafalet Apartments S'Algar

Post by Beverley Aye-Pe » June 13th, 2007, 11:36 am

Thank you both for the information really appreciate it. Hopefully we will be able to go soon so will post my views when I can. :grin:

emmajaynew
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by emmajaynew » June 24th, 2007, 8:01 pm

Hi Beverley, just returned back from Rafalet apts. We have had a fantastic time. The apartments are great, the beds not the most comfortable but you do have a fan above the bed which helps keep you cool, the dining/sitting room has air con. which is lovely after a hot day out and about. Keep your windows closed on a night as the garden watering system starts at some awful time and if your a light sleeper keeps you awake. Also make sure you take plenty of mozy spray as I am covered in bites. Hope this advise does not sound too bad. Found the kids club up at the San Luis hotel which is next to the sports complex but never saw any children using and when my girls look in they were never approached by staff so don't know if you have to pay. Hope you have a fantastic time and let us know how you get along. Jayne

Beverley Aye-Pe
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Rafalet apartments

Post by Beverley Aye-Pe » June 24th, 2007, 10:32 pm

Hi Jayne,
So thrilled that you all had a great time. :grin: Hope the weather was better there than it is in Cornwall at the moment!!!! Hope to go soon but are indecisive about Rafalet or Son Parc at present. Which ever we pick will be a great improvement on what we are experiencing now.
Many thanks for your reply.
Love Bev xx
P.S. Will let you know which one we decide on and report back on our findings.

Emma Jackson
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by Emma Jackson » June 24th, 2007, 11:09 pm

Hi,
I'be booked the Los Noranjos for July, any tips on where to go etc.
Thanks

emmajaynew
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by emmajaynew » June 25th, 2007, 10:49 am

Hi, Emma are you planning to hire a car or use local transport when you get there.
There is a bus which goes to Punta Prima from the Salgar Hotel & San Luis which costs 2.50 euros return each. Also from the bus stop near the San Luis hotel you can catch the bus into Mahon. I will put the bus times under a different section.
If feel like a walk you could always walk to Punta Prima but it will take around 45 mins which in peak summer months might be a bit much - just take plenty of water.
If you do hire a car which we did the roads are well sign posted and you can please yourself. Whatever you decide enjoy
Jayne :lol:

Rigsby
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: Rafalet Apartments, S'Algar

Post by Rigsby » June 14th, 2008, 10:25 am

We have just returned from Rafalet on 13th June.We have been going to S'Algar for nearly 28 years and stayed the same ammount of times in S'algar.For the past five visits staying at the Rafalet.This time booked as normal with Travelrepublic they are agents for Medhotels,we paid around £140 extra for a seaview.Two days before departure recieved E.Mail from Maureen in reception that all the frontline apartments were guaranteed for the Whole of the summer to another company Palmair of Bournmouth.She only wrote to me as I had sent e.mail requesting frontline as we had paid the supplement.On arrival were so dissapointed to be put on second row with only the back of the frontline apartments to look at.This was meant to be a special holiday as it was our 38th wedding aniversary the day we arrived.We are about to take this complaint up with Travelrepublic and there suppliers,I'am affraid S'Algar Hotels won't be getting any more of our custom.We would never have booked Rafalet if we could'nt have a seaview.Hope there isn't many more people let down by booking seaview and not getting it.

emmajaynew
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: Rafalet Apartments, S'Algar

Post by emmajaynew » June 14th, 2008, 12:09 pm

Hi sorry to hear you did not enjoy your hols. I know what you mean about the back view of the other apartments. We too were on the second row last June when we went, we only requested a sea view and did'nt pay extra to received one. We did however like the apartments and thought that they were very well equiped, only problem was the watering system in the early hours. That was one of the reasons we like the Vista Faro Apts. because you had fantastic sea views. Are they open again? Did you find the resort as quiet as last year, are you still limited to eating out places? Thats one reason why we are going to Son Bou next week especially with having two children. Jayne