Changes in S'Algar.

Accommodation & Restaurant info for S'Algar and Cala Alcaufar resort area.
Rigsby
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Changes in S'Algar.

Post by Rigsby » June 30th, 2010, 2:58 pm

We have just spent the week in S'Algar and were slightly dissapointed with the changes going on in The Dinky Bar adjacent to the Rafalet apartments.
It now opens at 6-00 in the evening until last ones out which was 5.00am one day and 3.40a,m on monday evening.
Although we couldn't hear the music through the nite,thank god as it was just a boom boom sound and all the music sounded the same.
It must be terrible for the people staying right next door to the bar,a lot of which are residents.
How they can get away with the noise is beyond me.

Trouble was it also attracted youths on scooters messing about on the front and by the S'Algar Hotel swimming pool.
On our last night there were about 12-15 youths on foot down at the front and breaking things around the pool,trying car doors and actually saw them stealing off the clothes driers which are left outside.
I reported said incidents to S'Algar Hotel.

I hope this is a short lived problem as we love S'Algar and regard it as our peice of paradise
and normally visit twice a year but if thats what its going to be like who knows.

Maryb

sooboo
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Re: Changes in S'Algar.

Post by sooboo » June 30th, 2010, 4:18 pm

What a shame. Salgar is such a quiet resort and Menorca in general doesn't usually see antisocial behaviour. :sad:
Susan

Cala n Bosch Hotel 27th August-3rd September

emmajaynew
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by emmajaynew » July 19th, 2010, 1:45 pm

That is so sad to read, we loved Salgar when the children were younger because it was so peaceful. The Rafalet apartments were in an ideal position close to the pool and the bar on an evening. Lets hope its short lived and something is done to prevent them spoiling a beautiful resort

Rigsby
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Rigsby » July 19th, 2010, 3:57 pm

Hi there,I wrote to S'algar Hotels telling them of the problem.
I had a reply back last thursday from the management saying the would do everything possible to rectify the problem with the youths coming in from other villages.
They too don't want S'Algar to loose its reputation,Mr Sintes wished for us to meet on our next visit to S'Algar,but I'm afraid we are trying another place to visit after 30 years of going to S'Algar we are in Sept staying at Tramontana Villas near Es Castell.

He also said the Dinky bar noise was probably due to the world cup,I beg to differ as it wasn't football fans who were in the bar,but residents going in at 11.45 until early hours.

Anyway they may have done us a favour,maybe we need a change of view.
We are really looking forward to staying near Es Castell and the harbour.

Menorca will always be the best for us.

Maryb

emmajaynew
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by emmajaynew » July 20th, 2010, 12:51 pm

I love Es Castel hope you have a lovely time, if I didn't have the children with me I would love to stay there. So next time it will be Son Bou which we will all enjoy

JOHNSTONE MATTHEWS
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Post by JOHNSTONE MATTHEWS » July 20th, 2010, 1:46 pm

pardon
pardon :lol: :lol:
one day,maybe
Cala n Bosc 15th -22nd June 2018
Cala n Bosc 8th-22nd September 2018